FORREST 2023

17 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Drew Hooker--had been at 6A Shelbyville Central--his Qb nearly followed him to Cascade--actually still a possibility as the young athlete was spotted at a Champion practice, -although he remained non-committal when I pretended to be a reporter and I posed the question...

Due to a coaching link he would not be eligible this year.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:12 PM, cascadehomer said:

Drew Hooker--had been at 6A Shelbyville Central--his Qb nearly followed him to Cascade--actually still a possibility as the young athlete was spotted at a Champion practice, -although he remained non-committal when I pretended to be a reporter and I posed the question...

You lied to a teenager in order to snoop into his business??? I guess whatever it takes to "break the news" on the 'T.

46 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You lied to a teenager in order to snoop into his business??? I guess whatever it takes to "break the news" on the 'T.

I do not lie. Pretending to be a reporter could be accomplished in many ways that would make it an obvious joke. Imagine a good looking dude with big muscles, flanked by hot chicks, approaching the young man in a friendly manner. Then, raising an imaginary microphone to my own lips, asking a few questions, then directing the imaginary microphone towards the athlete…I may be goofy-but I don’t lie.

ps. In the future, I reserve the right to lie on CoachT if it’s easier or more entertaining than telling the truth.

Last year's Cascade game should've been Eli's last. As many others before it should have. But it wasn't. But I am not sold on Cascade. Other than dominating that night, they finished 6-5, lost in the first round of the playoffs, and lost to Moore, Loretto, Richland, and MTP just like Forrest did. 

The WORST Marion team I have seen STILL beat Forrest. At The Rock. 

Yet Eli still collects a paycheck, and will continue to, especially now that all Forrest has to do to guarantee a playoff berth is either beat Cannon OR Cascade for the next 4 years. 1-9 gets you to the playoffs as a 4 seed. 

On 7/14/2023 at 3:48 PM, cornerback10 said:

They will soundly beat my Bulldawgs, sadly. They only have like 22 kids on the team this year lol.

I hope you're right. Also, hope the bulldogs have enough success to get you posting regular again. One of the best on the T. 

On 7/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, rebelboy121 said:

Due to a coaching link he would not be eligible this year.

Since we don't live in Memphis and have to follow TSSAA rules you are correct. 

On 7/13/2023 at 3:58 PM, TheTruthPrevails said:

Trust me, I assure you after the season we had last year there is no reason to be arrogant.  Everything was a letdown last year, lots of injuries to main players, coaching was a letdown.   This year will prove one way or the other about that.  The freshmen are sophomores and sophomores juniors.  This team is locked and loaded with a trip to Chattanooga in their sights.  Anything less than that is a failure all across the board.  This team has probably as many athletes as that 16 team, whether it can be pulled together is a different matter.

I could have written the same post. Only difference is our stud class will be sophomores instead of juniors so we will be a year behind.  Hope we have another shootout in October. 

12 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

all Forrest has to do to guarantee a playoff berth is either beat Cannon OR Cascade for the next 4 years. 1-9 gets you to the playoffs as a 4 seed. 

This year's team has as much talent and depth on the roster as any to wear the blue. A 4 seed is not going to cut it. There's a good mix of veteran lineman and young backs who are dogs. One of the freshman will be a difference maker if he gets on the field. Region championship game should be decided October 6 at Forrest or October 27 at Fayetteville. 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

This year's team has as much talent and depth on the roster as any to wear the blue. A 4 seed is not going to cut it. There's a good mix of veteran lineman and young backs who are dogs. One of the freshman will be a difference maker if he gets on the field. Region championship game should be decided October 6 at Forrest or October 27 at Fayetteville. 

2015-2016?

2019?

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

2015-2016?

2019?

I'm saying the talent is on the roster. I don't know if and where it will be put on the field.  I'm not as connected as years past, but I'll have more info about how they look after talking this weekend at the tractor pull. 

Definitely more talented than 2015's bunch. That was an example of coaches maximizing talent. Talent is close to 16 and 19 with much more depth. 2019 team had zero depth- only had 30 players. Seniors that year were exceptional and played injured because there were no back ups. 

21 hours ago, Salem said:

I hope you're right. Also, hope the bulldogs have enough success to get you posting regular again. One of the best on the T. 

Since we don't live in Memphis and have to follow TSSAA rules you are correct. 

I could have written the same post. Only difference is our stud class will be sophomores instead of juniors so we will be a year behind.  Hope we have another shootout in October. 

I also could have written the same post… Cascade freshman have become sophomores, and Cascade sophomores have become juniors, and—wait for it—even Cascade juniors became seniors…Color me skeptical that Forrest has a difference-maker freshman on the one hand, but that he might not even get on the field on the other hand—that is quite the contradiction—Eli ain’t that dumb.        —Beyond that, I only remember two quality lineman and young dogs won’t be enough at this level—Cascade loses everyone after the season, assuming the seniors become graduates, -so next season I give the nod to Forrest—but this season will be a glorious beat down…

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

… Cascade freshman have become sophomores,  juniors, even Cascade juniors became seniors...  —but this season will be a glorious beat down…

The schools are less than 20 miles apart. One middle school team gets mercy ruled every year and when they get into HS those same kids compete against each other and the beat down is reversed. School is paying people to figure that one out. 

3 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Color me skeptical that Forrest has a difference-maker freshman on the one hand, but that he might not even get on the field on the other hand—that is quite the contradiction

You haven't followed the program very long if that contradiction is a surprise. "Contradictions" are the source of much of the criticism. But it's July and I start every season on a positive note. We'll be fine this year if the injuries stay away. Eli excels in odd numbered years. 

6 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

—Beyond that, I only remember two quality lineman and young dogs won’t be enough at this level—

O line will be better across the board this season. Should average close to 250 and all can move.   Underclassmen can make differences in 1A and 2A. A dog is a dog and we have a pack. We had a freshman average 10 yards a carry last year. Another 9th grader is a better RB but got no opportunities. This year's freshman RB is as good as both of them.

• Like 1