FORREST 2023

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

:flower:

First domino down... many to follow?

there are people on his staff that i think could still add a ton of value. Johnson and Russell are tremendous and the kids adore them from what i am told.

if a new guy comes from outside he will likely want to choose his own staff. but J & R have earned respect. 

idk if this will even happen. there's tons of gossip today. but if it does, i will post the ideal candidate resume. other people can post actual names. i wont be doing that 

You don’t win you get let go. That’s the way it goes in the coaching business. Can’t argue the ending to this situation. 

But I will speak to a few observations. Winning the DRVC MS championship does not guarantee success, and is crazy to think it will translate to high school success when most of the teams in that conference are smaller and are bad in high school as well. Secondly, I highly doubt the new coach gets to name his staff. I doubt there are any open positions since most of the former head coaches and assistants still hold a teaching spot. Third, it just amazes me how quickly people turn on a coach who has the 2 ( I believe) best seasons in the history of the program and then go after him with 2 bad seasons with mostly young talent, that might run off some quality coaches idk. Lastly, when has Chapel Hill ever been an elite football program? They have had good football players with good tradition but never elite. 

In no way am I supporting or against the decision made.

Good luck I hope you land a good coach.