6A Region 2 Predictions

50 minutes ago, MurphyCollege said:

Wasn’t Cummins hands on with the middle school when he got there? 

Cummings had a son whom at the time was at the middle school so he was involved some. The difference is Tygard is in charge of everything football from youth, middle and high school and everyone is running the same system. Cummings couldn’t stay away from the off the field drama. A lot of laundry that I won’t say on here 

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2023 at 9:06 AM, JSamson7 said:

I hate to say this, but I won't be surprised if Maryville misses the playoffs this season. #FeelsLike96

Kind of surprised this post hasn't gotten more attention. Pretty eye-opening coming from a Maryville fan who's always honest and level-headed in his assessments

21 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Kind of surprised this post hasn't gotten more attention. Pretty eye-opening coming from a Maryville fan who's always honest and level-headed in his assessments

To miss the playoffs Maryville would need to finish in 5th place amongst these teams:

Bearden
Bradley Central
Cleveland
Farragut
Maryville
Hardin Valley

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

To miss the playoffs Maryville would need to finish in 5th place amongst these teams:

Bearden
Bradley Central
Cleveland
Farragut
Maryville
Hardin Valley

I personally don't see that happening, but that's why I'm surprised it hasn't created more discussion at this point because he's closer to the program than some others are and I'm sure has reasons for thinking that's possible. 

25 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

I personally don't see that happening, but that's why I'm surprised it hasn't created more discussion at this point because he's closer to the program than some others are and I'm sure has reasons for thinking that's possible. 

I'd say Bearden and Bradley are the only sure locks right now in the region with Cleveland being the wildcard.

As long as LaDue is healthy, Maryville isn't missing the playoffs. Their coaching staff and culture is too good not to.  Until someone knocks them from the top of their region, they've earned the benefit of the doubt. 3 of their 4 losses last year were to the 3A, 5A and 6A state champions

Edited by MidTennFootball
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

As long as LaDue is healthy, Maryville isn't missing the playoffs. Their coaching staff and culture is too good not to.  Until someone knocks them from the top of their region, they've earned the benefit of the doubt. 3 of their 4 losses last year were to the 3A, 5A and 6A state champions

Who was the 4th loss to?:grin:

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, boogersbooger said:

I'd say Bearden and Bradley are the only sure locks right now in the region with Cleveland being the wildcard.

I mean, Maryville has to go to Bradley Central, but Maryville stays home for Bearden, and I don’t think it’s been in this century since Bearden has beat Maryville at Maryville. It could happen, but I don’t see it happening.

13 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Someone who figured out how to win 3 straight 30 years before someone else did. Lol.

30 years? Check your math, not quite that far.... barely over 10 years to be honest. What I can tell you though is no one ever figured out how to win 4 straight until we did.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Like 1