6A Region 2 Predictions

Very much off topic, but on game nights I sit in my recliner and using two iPads a radio and a TV, I update scores from Georgia and East and Middle Tennessee all evening for the 2,400 followers on my Facebook page. I have many very good and reliable sources. I also share stories and post info in the off-season. I help the local high school team during the day on Fridays until they get on the bus or start dressing for a home game. If any of you would like access to my Facebook page call 706.808.0742. No texts please as this is a landline.

• Like 1

Alright someone give me a lesson on this region. To me, Maryville is still Maryville until someone proves otherwise. What is the noise about Bearden? I know what Bradley has, but are both of these (Bearden / Bradley) one trick ponies?  Farragut will give someone an upset, but I don't think they are diverse enough?

Appreciate whoever takes on this task. 

14 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Alright someone give me a lesson on this region. To me, Maryville is still Maryville until someone proves otherwise. What is the noise about Bearden? I know what Bradley has, but are both of these (Bearden / Bradley) one trick ponies?  Farragut will give someone an upset, but I don't think they are diverse enough?

It's the same thing every year we look for someone to dethrone Maryville in the 1st two regions. This is said every year and every year Maryville is practicing the week of Thanksgiving and ain't nothing going to change. If you remove Oakland I don't know what the consecutive streak would be for Maryville for being in the state championship game, I think the only true case would be 2012 Siegel I believe they were better than Maryville but their Qb suffer a torn Mcl and Acl but somehow still managed to play but was limited, however if Siegel was better that year like you said a one trick pony

6 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Bradley finally has all the pieces together to really go far. It won’t surprise me if they are in the state championship game. Hopefully their coaching staff won’t choke this much talent, but they have been known for choking, Bearden, from what I’ve heard and read. Apparently they have a college-level coaching staff; it must be that Miami and Texas A&M type of coaching. If you get what I’m saying, apparently they’re supposed to be good. I went to their spring game, and they looked pretty good, but yet again, it is Bearden, so don’t be surprised if they miss the playoffs. I’ll be shocked if they do, but surprise I won't be, but I think Bradley will be 1 and Maryville will be 2, Bearden at 3, Cleveland at 4, but we’ll see.

50 minutes ago, BeardenBullies said:

1. Bearden- new recruits, Qb much better, best coaches. 
2. Bradley-best kids, no coaching. 
3. Maryville-coaching is good, good opine. Strong running game. No Qb, defense sus

4. Cleveland-new staff, good kids returning 

admirals miss play offs with no Qb 

You’re trying to say bradley has bad coaching?

1 hour ago, BeardenBullies said:

1. Bearden- new recruits, Qb much better, best coaches. 
2. Bradley-best kids, no coaching. 
3. Maryville-coaching is good, good opine. Strong running game. No Qb, defense sus

4. Cleveland-new staff, good kids returning 

admirals miss play offs with no Qb 

Mr. Bean (JJ) and his staff are not the best. Maryville would have that distinction in R2 and to claim Floyd can't coach is asinine.

Edited by JSamson7

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

Mr. Bean (JJ) and his staff are not the best. Maryville would have that distinction in R2 and to claim Floyd can't coach is asinine.

The Bearden staff is pretty crazy. Coach Jones is one of the best offensive minds and coaches in the state of Tennessee, and then you go to the offensive coordinator, who should be a high school head coach, and then their defensive coordinator. Coach Lane could be a head coach, and I’m pretty sure he almost took a job. I could be wrong, though, but anyway, and then you go to coach Abernathy. I don’t know what he coaches, but according to stuff I’ve read, he used to be at the University of Tennessee, and then he left his job to go to Bearden to be a position coach, oh, and the new running backs coach. He didn't get fired or put on leave, he just left Carson Newman. He just got up and left a college and came to Bearden high school to BE A POSITION COACH. Don’t get me wrong, the running back room is stacked, and everyone and their momma’s would jump on that job, but I mean, come on now, and the new defensive backs coach has no reason to be a position coach. But once again, that secondary at Bearden is wild, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he just took the job to get his résumé up once again. Everyone and their momma’s would have.

• Sad 1