5A Region 7

eers

Beech looked pretty dominate at Smyrna tonight. Still a lot to work on, but they look pretty good. Can’t wait until week one and to see what they can do in a full game under live conditions. Once the season gets going I believe Beech will put up a lot of points. Defense has given up 3 points in two scrimmages. 

Here’s what I’ve gathered from what I’ve seen, been told, and/or read…

Beech has looked pretty good so far. 
HC seems to be solid yet again. 
Hendersonville looks to be much improved. 
Sounds like Springfield may have some struggles. 
I was told Portland hasn’t looked very good this far. 
Who knows about HL?

Accurate? Inaccurate? Thoughts…

5 minutes ago, eers said:

Here’s what I’ve gathered from what I’ve seen, been told, and/or read…

Beech has looked pretty good so far. 
HC seems to be solid yet again. 
Hendersonville looks to be much improved. 
Sounds like Springfield may have some struggles. 
I was told Portland hasn’t looked very good this far. 
Who knows about HL?

Accurate? Inaccurate? Thoughts…

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. I’m curious to see how Hendersonville and Springfield look next Friday night in their jamboree games with Hendersonville playing a very good and athletic East Robertson and Springfield playing Rossview who have gave them tough games the past few years.

I’m not sure how good Springfield will be this year, but tonight looked a lot better than last week against CPA. Springfield 13-6 over Green Hill. They played 2 quarters of Varsity with a 20 minute running clock in each. I’m not sure how good Green Hill will be, but it looks like Springfield is headed in the right direction. 

26 minutes ago, BruiseBrother98 said:

I’m not sure how good Springfield will be this year, but tonight looked a lot better than last week against CPA. Springfield 13-6 over Green Hill. They played 2 quarters of Varsity with a 20 minute running clock in each. I’m not sure how good Green Hill will be, but it looks like Springfield is headed in the right direction. 

FWIW, CPA thumped Ravenwood pretty good tonight 

I was pleasantly surprised with how the Springfield varsity looked at Green Hill last night. The Jackets did outscore them 13-6, as @BruiseBrother98 stated earlier. Green Hill did rotate between three QBs each offensive series, however. One Springfield score came on a short field after picking off the GH third string QB on the 30. 
The defense held their own for the most part. GH did hit some nice pass plays every now and then, but I don’t recall giving up many big running plays. 

Looks as though everyone on here believes Beech and Henry County should be the top two teams in this region and it looks as though it should go that way. The next two should be a dogfight for the remaining two teams for a playoff berth. I would also expect it would be a chance for the region to move on into the next round with some rematches of the regular season opponents. I haven’t heard anything from the Portland or Hunters Lane fans and how their teams should look this fall. Portland will have a new head coach in Hunter Hicks an alumni from the glory years of Panther football , I believe they lost quite a bit of their starters from last season and lots of injuries during the season to starters should at least have given the younger players some game time experience.

Edited by LEON

2 hours ago, LEON said:

Looks as though everyone on here believes Beech and Henry County should be the top two teams in this region and it looks as though it should go that way. The next two should be a dogfight for the remaining two teams for a playoff berth. I would also expect it would be a chance for the region to move on into the next round with some rematches of the regular season opponents. I haven’t heard anything from the Portland or Hunters Lane fans and how their teams should look this fall. Portland will have a new head coach in Hunter Hicks an alumni from the glory years of Panther football , I believe they lost quite a bit of their starters from last season and lots of injuries during the season to starters should at least have given the younger players some game time experience.

I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if Hendersonville has a say so on who finishes 1st-3rd.