5A Region 7

eers

9 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

As you should, also comical how chatty jacket fans were last year and now….. very silent lol

You say it is comical but if you go back and look, we never really are that chatty until the 1st game, but as BruiseBrother98 said, we really have no idea what to expect due to the big turn around this past season...

3 hours ago, Director said:

Beech has a lot of growing up to do very quickly. They will be much stronger at the end. 
This region is a tough region. Anyone could potentially wind up going from 1st to 3rd or 3rd to 1st. 
I look for it to be an exciting season.  
I think it winds up

Beech

Hendersonville

Henry County

Springfield. 

Hendersonville's offense is going to be very good. They're going to score points. Hendersonville's downfall is always their defense. In the past ten years they have made it to the state championship game and have had many deep playoff runs but their defense is always holding them back. Beech, HHS, and HC are definitely top three in region but I won't even put them in an order cause I really think it'll come down to injuries and what games will be played where. 

• Like 1

First time posting in quite a while. Both myself and Ms Mondo have retired in the past 12 months, Ms Mondo after 38 years at HHS. We have been busy traveling and doing a lot of grandkid things. Been to 8 or 9 practices and both scrimmages.  Commandos are a work in progress.  Need improvement in a lot of areas especially at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  Currently having a few injury issues but I am sure a lot of teams are.  Scrimmaged Mt Juliet and Blackman who will both be preseason top 10 in 6-A.  Both of them have very good teams, good QB’s, backs, and receivers. Also several D linemen who will be playing on Saturdays in the future.  Looking forward to the jamboree Friday against ER.  I suspect starters will go 1 maybe 2 series and then everyone else will play.  

15 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

As you should, also comical how chatty jacket fans were last year and now….. very silent lol

Just taking a wait and see approach like was said earlier. Not trying to over-inflate this years team, like some posters on other threads do year in and year out before they actually see a product on the field. Lots of big pieces had to be replaced from last years team other than the QB. Skill players, lineman, RB’s etc. had to be replaced. I’m sure our excellent coaching staff will have this team improving and playing good ball as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

First time posting in quite a while. Both myself and Ms Mondo have retired in the past 12 months, Ms Mondo after 38 years at HHS. We have been busy traveling and doing a lot of grandkid things. Been to 8 or 9 practices and both scrimmages.  Commandos are a work in progress.  Need improvement in a lot of areas especially at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  Currently having a few injury issues but I am sure a lot of teams are.  Scrimmaged Mt Juliet and Blackman who will both be preseason top 10 in 6-A.  Both of them have very good teams, good QB’s, backs, and receivers. Also several D linemen who will be playing on Saturdays in the future.  Looking forward to the jamboree Friday against ER.  I suspect starters will go 1 maybe 2 series and then everyone else will play.  

I've already told you this but congrats to both of you on your retirements.  I'm looking forward to seeing you at the opener next Friday, and continuing our tradition over the last 13-14 or so years of meeting on the field post game, no matter who wins.

22 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I've already told you this but congrats to both of you on your retirements.  I'm looking forward to seeing you at the opener next Friday, and continuing our tradition over the last 13-14 or so years of meeting on the field post game, no matter who wins.

Looking forward to it my friend.  Little added bonus this year is my granddaughter’s dance team will be performing at the Wave Yard that night.  

17 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Graduated 16 seniors..... 14 of them starters.

4 out of 5 starting OL which 3 were all region guys...

lol not silent just really don't know what we have, we were chatty heading into a rematch with a deep Henry County team in the quarterfinals with a 10-2 team, dang we were happy lol 

I just can't understand why you always hate us little Jackets, know we were region foes back in the 80's but man.