Auburn TE/DE commit transferring to South Pittsburg

Elias287

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I’ve been quoted saying kids want to play at Beene for the tradition, plus tons of other reasons to want to play at SP. It Just seems like you guys will be able to outbid/outclass any other small county teams and it won’t be benefiting these kids that could be playing better competition than Copper Basin, Whitwell, Sale Creek and lookout valley (lol), those games will be bad! I doubt that Auburn commit plays a quarter. Who does that benefit more? Rings are nice no doubt. 

We can't pick our region and with or without Collins or Wallace we still could name the score just about every year on any of those teams.  We will get tested and that's why we schedule tough non region games. This year the biggest test will be Middle Tennessee Christian School. Jesse Perry high 3 star commit should be a major challenge for Collins. Franklin Co 6a should be an interesting match up. I believe they have a few getting some offers. 

56 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Transfers are the new portal. High School is just getting started. Programs better start winning or kids will look to leave. Lebron James created superteams. College football has followed suit. Now starting to see high school kids move more. Tip of the iceberg

You're just keeping it real Tyrone.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

It’s just helping SP win another title, not the kids. I was just beating the bush of  I doubt they came there on their own free will without some sort of incentive which you guys have done before it was legal. Now that it is legal and you can do it, poor little SP doesn’t have enough money from all the skillets and cornbread festivals to wrangle a couple 3&4 star athletes from a city that’s 30x bigger and a private school. 

He’s enrolling early to Auburn in January. The Kid has already helped himself. If you think one minute if Auburn didn’t agree with this he would be at SP?. You don’t get offers offers from Tenn, Ga. Ohio state, Bama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida State, among others if you hadn’t already proven yourself. He’s already qualified with a 3.2 grade average. Seems to me this kid knows more than you what’s best for hiis career. If you feel like you can better his resume I’m sure he will be glad to listen to you.

2 minutes ago, team69 said:

He’s enrolling early to Auburn in January. The Kid has already helped himself. If you think one minute if Auburn didn’t agree with this he would be at SP?. You don’t get offers offers from Tenn, Ga. Ohio state, Bama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida State, among others if you hadn’t already proven yourself. He’s already qualified with a 3.2 grade average. Seems to me this kid knows more than you what’s best for hiis career. If you feel like you can better his resume I’m sure he will be glad to listen to you.

Just playing devils advocate guys, being a  state champ in any division is not an easy feat. Easier with his size and skill and team he’s going to be suiting up for and against , but difficult none the less. I guarantee Auburn is on board as he will be very fresh for them in January barring an injury.  

If all the rules were followed it doesn't matter where the young man plays. I doubt anyone would have turned this kid away. Most successful programs get kids every now and then. Maybe not this caliber at a small school but it is what it is. I have family playing at Jasper but I'm from SP. I heard rumors of this last week and laughed, but you never know. Hope the young man does well. Coaches just gotta game plan for him a little extra now.

Edited by CoyDillard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoyDillard said:

If all the rules were followed it doesn't matter where the young man plays. I doubt anyone would have turned this kid away. Most successful programs get kids every now and then. Maybe not this caliber at a small school but it is what it is. I have family playing at Jasper but I'm from SP. I heard rumors of this last week and laughed, but you never know. Hope the young man does well. Coaches just gotta game plan for him a little extra now.

I’m just now weighing in on this story. I must have been under a rock because I didn’t know about it until Monday when someone sent me the photo. After making a couple of calls I’ve been told that he chose SP because he had to cross state lines to play this year and  he knew our receiver and our quarterback from some camps and wanted a chance to win his last year of high school. Someone also mentioned that the big private schools in Chattanooga don’t accept 1 semester students. You’re right nobody anywhere would have turned down 6’4 255 committed to Auburn.  I heard he has magnificent grades too which is a rarity at times for kids. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

It's sketchy they transferred to Sp but would not be sketchy if they transferred somewhere else?   Sounds like someone is just jealous  :lol:

Name a "bigger" public school in the area that has the tradition and competes for a championship just about every year. 

Private shouldn't be in the conversation. It cost 30k plus to attend unless scholarships are offered not saying either weren't deserving of a scholarship but unless it was offered the average family can't afford the price tag.  

So where in your opinion should these young men have transferred that wouldn't have been "sketchy " 

Dresden would have been nice. lol

I would be curious to see how many transfers there have been across the state of Tennessee since last football season. Personally, I do not understand anyone that complains about transfers, because no matter the caliber of the player or athlete every single school in the entire state will at least get a transfer or multiple transfers within a two or three year classification cycle. Kids were transferring in the 80s the 90s the early 2000s the mid 2000s and now in present day and that revolving door will never stop.

11 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

I would be curious to see how many transfers there have been across the state of Tennessee since last football season. Personally, I do not understand anyone that complains about transfers, because no matter the caliber of the player or athlete every single school in the entire state will at least get a transfer or multiple transfers within a two or three year classification cycle. Kids were transferring in the 80s the 90s the early 2000s the mid 2000s and now in present day and that revolving door will never stop.

More transfers in these past 2 years than the 5 before that combined I would assume since it’s legal to poach or promote. One question for you is how many 3 and 4 * athletes are transferring to single A schools? 2 to the same small town?  Not very many and their are 1a power houses in every state. Someone should make a Title Town TN documentary it would be very compelling TV, like that one with Rush Propst or last chance U on Netflix. People eat that stuff up , I know I would watch it, why don’t y’all talk Roy into getting one of them there vidya cameras and film everything? Big money opportunity. 

21 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

More transfers in these past 2 years than the 5 before that combined I would assume since it’s legal to poach or promote. One question for you is how many 3 and 4 * athletes are transferring to single A schools? 2 to the same small town?  Not very many and their are 1a power houses in every state. Someone should make a Title Town TN documentary it would be very compelling TV, like that one with Rush Propst or last chance U on Netflix. People eat that stuff up , I know I would watch it, why don’t y’all talk Roy into getting one of them there vidya cameras and film everything? Big money opportunity. 

“I would assume since it’s legal to poach or promote. One question for you is how many 3 and 4 * athletes are transferring to single A schools? “ 

^^^ Your’re joking right ? Programs who don’t promote themselves and parents who don’t invest time and effort are the programs who historically are average. I could be totally wrong about this, but I know that South Pittsburg played greenback a few years ago and they had a kid committed to Virginia Tech. Also a kid that committed to South Florida, and also received a quarterback from Maryville. 2 of the 3 were transfers.