1A prediction in the Finals

Geno

9 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

The west is stacked with great teams this year. Whoever represents the east has 1 thing going for them at this moment - the teams in the west will have to beat each other up more on the way to the state game. It looks like there are 5 or 6 teams that have a legit shot.

Outside of us, I'm not sure what the east is going to look like. I read on here that Coalfield is down, then I read that they looked great in a preseason scrimmage. So who knows?  I don't know at the moment what Gordonsville has but I'm going to guess that it's going to be a three team race on this side with some of the usual suspects.

Just a question.Has Coalfield EVER gave you all  tough game when you all have played?Just curious.From what I know and have seen they have never matched up with you all.

12 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Just a question.Has Coalfield EVER gave you all  tough game when you all have played?Just curious.From what I know and have seen they have never matched up with you all.

There was a year in the mid 2010’s that Coalfield made the ship. Can’t remember if they beat South Pitt along the way or not. That was a good Coalfield team. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

7 hours ago, City223 said:

definitely. that game honestly could’ve went either way at the end but y’all made a couple more plays than fayetteville. if fayetteville had won they would’ve brought a ring home. wish the bracket was different and would’ve let that game be played in chatt

Agree 100%!  The last two years were battles. 

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yeah, we've been fortunate against them so far. The closest game was 43-22. 

It seems like every time we've met SP in the playoffs, they have throttled us.  The year that SP had Eddie Moore, we gave you all a good game for a half.  I believe the score was 6-0 and Coalfield was inside the Pirates 10 yard line and we faked the spike and threw for a TD but the ref blew the play dead. We should have been tied or ahead if wasn't for ref missing the call before the half.  But after intermission the pirates spanked us royally!  I think the final score was 60-6. The only Coal truck on the field that night was Moore. He was a beast!  

2 hours ago, rtl112 said:

It seems like every time we've met SP in the playoffs, they have throttled us.  The year that SP had Eddie Moore, we gave you all a good game for a half.  I believe the score was 6-0 and Coalfield was inside the Pirates 10 yard line and we faked the spike and threw for a TD but the ref blew the play dead. We should have been tied or ahead if wasn't for ref missing the call before the half.  But after intermission the pirates spanked us royally!  I think the final score was 60-6. The only Coal truck on the field that night was Moore. He was a beast!  

Good luck to you and your boys this year. I won't be going to many games this year kinda burnt out on this stupid hiring fiasco.Of course I still want to beat you all!LOL.We have about 35 kids and not sure about this coaching staff so I'm expecting 4th or 5th place in Region with Rockwood on board unless Coach Bill Satterfield can help Midway beat us too.He is an Assistant there this year and after the School Board not even recognizing him or Greg I'm sure revenge is on his priority list!

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Good luck to you and your boys this year. I won't be going to many games this year kinda burnt out on this stupid hiring fiasco.Of course I still want to beat you all!LOL.We have about 35 kids and not sure about this coaching staff so I'm expecting 4th or 5th place in Region with Rockwood on board unless Coach Bill Satterfield can help Midway beat us too.He is an Assistant there this year and after the School Board not even recognizing him or Greg I'm sure revenge is on his priority list!

What’s Ole Greg doing? Where does he coach?

19 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

A very average ER team went to Chapel Hill and beat a region championship Forrest team in 2021 in every facet of the game. On fridays it can be anyone’s night.

1. This post has nothing to do with the discussion on Fayetteville or Tyner in 2022. This is the second strawman you've used in this thread.

2. Difference is Forrest fans were smart enough to understand we were an average team in 2021 in a very easy region. ER had an average team in 2022 in an easier region and thought they were contenders. :roflol:Not all Region champs are created equal. And no, in high school football it can't be anyone's night unless it's Hollywood. This isn't the NFL. The teams aren't even and mismatches happen every Friday. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

1. This post has nothing to do with the discussion on Fayetteville or Tyner in 2022. This is the second strawman you've used in this thread.

2. Difference is Forrest fans were smart enough to understand we were an average team in 2021 in a very easy region. ER had an average team in 2022 in an easier region and thought they were contenders. :roflol:Not all Region champs are created equal. And no, in high school football it can't be anyone's night unless it's Hollywood. This isn't the NFL. The teams aren't even and mismatches happen every Friday. 

mhmmm…hopefully y’all can squander for that 4 seed in region 4 so we can whoop y’all again. Forrest fans are so out of touch with reality that y’all have been begging for your coach to be fired for years.