1A prediction in the Finals

Geno

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was at that game. I think that MASE’s lack of differentiation in the play calling kept that game closer than it should have been. I think everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going when MASE had the ball. Peabody’s defense could key in on Brown. They slowed it down and kept the game close but couldn’t stop it. 

Very true. They had weapons all over but only seemed to fully trust Brown. Can't we all agree the highlight of the game was brown catching a cramp and one of the coaches throwing him over his shoulder and hustling off the field 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was at that game. I think that MASE’s lack of differentiation in the play calling kept that game closer than it should have been. I think everyone in the stadium knew where the ball was going when MASE had the ball. Peabody’s defense could key in on Brown. They slowed it down and kept the game close but couldn’t stop it. 

Wasn't Peabody up big the first half and lost it in the second half?  

12 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Injuries the team was never whole  from the first game of the season. Best linebacker suppose to be runningback was hurt all year played on and off and never was right. Him being injured hurt the defense and offense tremendously 

17 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

16 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

To be honest I don’t remember but if they were up I wouldn’t say it was “big”.  That would have stuck out to me. Could be wrong though. 

Scoring went like this.

PB 7-0   1st

PB 14-0   1st

PB 14-7  1st

PB 14-8  1st

14-14  halftime 

PB 17-14  3rd

PB 24-14  4th  11 minutes remaining 

PB 24-20 4th

MASE 26-24  1:58 remaining 

Final

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Scoring went like this.

PB 7-0   1st

PB 14-0   1st

PB 14-7  1st

PB 14-8  1st

14-14  halftime 

PB 17-14  3rd

PB 24-14  4th  11 minutes remaining 

PB 24-20 4th

MASE 26-24  1:58 remaining 

Final

Now that I think back to this game there were a couple of fake punts in the first half that Peabody didn’t convert that gave MASE excellent field position. One was a called fake punt and the other looked like the kid just decided to make a play and it didn’t work out. Had they punted I don’t know that MASE would have had 14 at halftime. 

On 8/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, Tornado82 said:

What’s their names or numbers. I knew if one but that’s it. Also are any of them eligible to play because I hear MASE is getting looked into hard for ineligible players.

They don’t use ineligible players thank you for your concern sir!!!
VIA ELECTRONIC MAIL
Dr. Rodrick Gaston, Principal
Memphis Academy of Science and Engineering 1266 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38104
Dear Dr. Gaston:
This is concerning the hardship appeals of Memphis Academy of Science and Engineering for Ernest Gilliam, Jr., Stanley Burrow, Hamidu Ba, and Jarvis McClendon, which were presented to the TSSAA Board of Control on August 14, 2023. After considering the information presented, the Board members voted to approve all four appeals. The students are, therefore, ruled eligible to participate in varsity athletics.
If you have any questions concerning this, please feel free to contact our office. Sincerely,
August 15, 2023
  MR:lj
Mark Reeves Executive Director

On 8/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, Tornado82 said:

What’s their names or numbers. I knew if one but that’s it. Also are any of them eligible to play because I hear MASE is getting looked into hard for ineligible players.

On 8/14/2023 at 11:27 AM, Southtowner said:

MASE has 6 players returning on offense and 6 returning on defense.  I highly doubt they have 6 DI players.  But this may be where the confusion of  "6"  came about in this situation. 

I'll ask and find out for you. 

Hey, @WildBill2388,  how many DI players does MASE have on this years squad?

Also, any other news coming out of that area concerning transfers, ineligible players, investigations,   yada, yada, yada? 

Thanks.

They have Brown RB , Lenore DT , Gilliam QB , Burrow LB ,Wren OL  and Carrick DT. 
All have FBS and FCS offers !!!

1 hour ago, WildBill2388 said:

Nah haven’t disappeared my man!

Still here flying the Flag sir! 

MASE took that L on the Chin and will bounce back like rubber ball this year !

Just watch sir!

Hats off to Mckenzie for winning the State Championship!!!

Much respect my friend.  Just giving a hard time.  

2 hours ago, WildBill2388 said:

They don’t use ineligible players thank you for your concern sir!!!
VIA ELECTRONIC MAIL
Dr. Rodrick Gaston, Principal
Memphis Academy of Science and Engineering 1266 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38104
Dear Dr. Gaston:
This is concerning the hardship appeals of Memphis Academy of Science and Engineering for Ernest Gilliam, Jr., Stanley Burrow, Hamidu Ba, and Jarvis McClendon, which were presented to the TSSAA Board of Control on August 14, 2023. After considering the information presented, the Board members voted to approve all four appeals. The students are, therefore, ruled eligible to participate in varsity athletics.
If you have any questions concerning this, please feel free to contact our office. Sincerely,
August 15, 2023
  MR:lj
Mark Reeves Executive Director

I said they were being looked into for it and the information you provided proves that was true. Never said they were ineligible. Thank You SIR!!!!!

• Upvote 1