AP 2A TOP TEN AUGUST 22, 2023

Southtowner

1 hour ago, stangsby3 said:

Choking/ not living up to expectations, call it whatever you want,  but I know we've had the players to make more than 1 trip to state in the last 18 yrs regardless of who we played.  To me, it's more so about being out coached. It seems like we don't make the right adjustments when they do. 

The majority of coaches never change their philosophy with their offense. They believe in what they run and will take it with them wherever they go. That’s just the way it is. They either win with it or lose with it, but will never change. Don’t think there being stubborn, it’s just what they know and believe in. But when you run into a defensive coordinator that knows how to stop these type offenses, then your in trouble with a small play book. It works fine, till it dont.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

The majority of coaches never change their philosophy with their offense. They believe in what they run and will take it with them wherever they go. That’s just the way it is. They either win with it or lose with it, but will never change. Don’t think there being stubborn, it’s just what they know and believe in. But when you run into a defensive coordinator that knows how to stop these type offenses, then your in trouble with a small play book. It works fine, till it dont.

You are correct and I don't hate it because we have been very successful running the same offense for 100 yrs, but when you do meet that defense that can stop it, there has to be an adjustment made somewhere to gain back the momentum. 

11 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

Choking/ not living up to expectations, call it whatever you want,  but I know we've had the players to make more than 1 trip to state in the last 18 yrs regardless of who we played.  To me, it's more so about being out coached. It seems like we don't make the right adjustments when they do. 

I was totally joking my man, take no offense. 

21 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

I am familiar with Huntingdon. They lost by 16 to a 1A team that lost ALOT of talent. Huntingdon may not even host a playoff game this year.

Mustangs may also win it all this season. Huntingdon lost to Mckenzie by a larger margin last year and went to the semi's. You assume the Rebels are not as good as last year. I don't know about that but they're close. This Mustang team is more talented than last years 11 win squad so I wouldn't count them out just yet!

15 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I can’t remember a team that I could say upset them in the playoffs except for 2017 against cornersville. 
you two wanna refresh my memory? Serious question…

Connersville never took a snap inside our 20 yardline that game. Caught our safety sucking up twice and burned us with 2 long TD passes. Most physical game I've ever seen!

15 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I can’t remember a team that I could say upset them in the playoffs except for 2017 against cornersville. 
you two wanna refresh my memory? Serious question…

They've had some head scratching postseason losses. 2017 Cornersville was a big one. After vowing revenge for a year Cornersville beat them at home in 2018. An undefeated Mustang team lost at home to Lake County in 2019 (that was a toss up).  In 2020 they were run off their home field by Moore Co and a freshman D White. 2021 close loss to MASE. and 2022 after beating Riverside by 4 TDs in September they lose at home by 2TDs in the quarterfinals. Those are all tough losses that went against them and home playoff losses are hard on fans. 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

They've had some head scratching postseason losses. 2017 Cornersville was a big one. After vowing revenge for a year Cornersville beat them at home in 2018. An undefeated Mustang team lost at home to Lake County in 2019 (that was a toss up).  In 2020 they were run off their home field by Moore Co and a freshman D White. 2021 close loss to MASE. and 2022 after beating Riverside by 4 TDs in September they lose at home by 2TDs in the quarterfinals. Those are all tough losses that went against them and home playoff losses are hard on fans. 

they were ran off by mc and kyler parker. that kid was good