Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

7 hours ago, Swipes said:

The last time we had a tornado in Greeneville was 2011 (Both literally and figuratively) and hoping for the same results as the figuratively one when we played :lol:. (Don't see it being that way though with either team being blown out).  Looking like clear skies and in the 70's by kick off!   

So a tornado will not touchdown?

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Ha,I can tell you that putting your name on here brings out all the toughest guys behind a computer keyboard ! After the better half kept on me about changing it,I figured with her name being Robin,Ha, I would just roll with Batman. She wasn't amused but I still think it's funny.There are a lot of great fans on here and it has been awesome to travel to places like Alcoa or Maryville and meet many of you.Lawnman, I've always enjoyed reading your post.I'll always pull for Elizabethton or whoever goes west if it's not Greeneville.

I met Batman in person at D-B. I think we were going through the gate and I picked him out. I can't remember how it went down exactly, I think he had given out a description or something. 

21 hours ago, JMorton said:

Thanks swipes. When I created my account I used my real name so that if I ever post anything ignorant on here there would be no denying who did it. It kept me accountable for my sons four years. I recommend more people try it. 

As far as running up the score is concerned, a lot of people felt like Betsy’s woes offensively last year stemmed from Rollins being left in games that were blowouts in previous seasons where experience could’ve been gained by his backup. 

I made mine so I could post at work and not get in trouble. 

Edited by Red Rebels

7 hours ago, Swipes said:

The last time we had a tornado in Greeneville was 2011 (Both literally and figuratively) and hoping for the same results as the figuratively one when we played :lol:. (Don't see it being that way though with either team being blown out).  Looking like clear skies and in the 70's by kick off!   

I thought a CYCLONE touched down in Burley back in 2020!

58 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I met Batman in person at D-B. I think we were going through the gate and I picked him out. I can't remember how it went down exactly, I think he had given out a description or something. 

Yep, you walked right up and I heard someone say " Batman". I was ready to either say hi or try and miss a punch, ha .Was a good night and got to meet a bunch of your fans . Like Alcoa fans,just a very smart football fan base and good guys { and gals}

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samvol said:

Thank you for your business sir. I own the Greeneville location, so come on by and talk ball. Also own the 2 in JC as well. 

If you would like to help our 10u baseball team out with a sponsor give me a call You would go on our team banner that we hang on our dugout for around 90 games We have 3 kids from Greeneville 8 johnson city 1 Virginia Were east Tennessee Freedom 10u for only $250  Calll for anymore information and thanks 423-833-2619 

Should  be fun and a Great Test for the Devil's.  I believe  they have  to play their very best game  to have  a chance  to win. No turnovers  keep  the penalties  low. Defensively  they have  to be able  to get some pressure  or they will get picked apart. But my Biggest  concern  is the offensive  line.  Have not looked Great  against  tennessee high, DB . They haven't  found a good  replacement  for the Young Man that is at Austin Peay right now at right Guard. Just one man's  opinion  but I believe  the o line would  be better  if they put Christman and Myers on it . Right now they are starting  d line and getting  about 3 carries a piece  in the run game.  Both have  played a lot of football  at Greeneville  and or two of their most athletic  strongest kid's  going 235 to 240 lbs. If I put their  o line together  it's  iessi  at center Christman right guard  lister right tackle  I move Merriweather  from left  tackle  to guard if they are not going  to pull the guards  as much as last year and I put Myers  at left  tackle.  I think that Is their  best combination.  You still have  4 to 5 kid's that are really  good  RB's Dickson, Quillen , Bishop and armbrister. It would  go along way at getting  your best 11 on the field. But that's  just  my opinion.  

Edited by Greendevil87

15 hours ago, lawnman said:

The Devils are capable of winning this game but I have to give the edge to Alcoa.I don’t give my name on here but I would if somebody had to have itIts lawnman because I have mowed and landscaped for 37 years and yes I am getting old!!

I agree with you lawnman The Devils are capable of winning but need to play mistake free football.  I give Alcoa the edge too because Greeneville does have athletes but we don't have a USF commit or a top 15 TE in the nation on the roster.  Have to get pressure on the QB.

Thats longer than I've been a live lawnman :lol:.  I'm the same way and have given clues on here about who i am many times (So much so I had someone from Greeneville call me after one of those clues and got asked "Are you Swipes on Coacht".  I've also met other CoachT posters in person and they know I'm not afraid to tell you who I am

29 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You are right it did but I hate to break it to you BDD a Cyclone and a Tornado aren't the same.  Thats like saying an Alligator and a Crocodile are the same :lol:

Oh heck, I wanted to say to Big Dave, THE DEVIL CAME DOWN TO BETSY………

enjoy your posts Big Dave!

Edited by noonesfool