Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

39 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm a long ways from being a preacher Lawnman, but do remember a few things. Probably shouldn't have nearly quoted the bible but I knew he was just trying to bring out the Devil and not the Greene kind...

Yes agree and that turnover killed the Devils because they had the momentum.

Barney's solution to this mess. Both teams meet halfway at Carson Newman either Saturday or Sunday. Both teams have enough time to rest for next week. Play during day so no expense for lighting and good chance to find officials. Don't tell me it can't be done because Alcoa and Maryville played Sunday on ESPN that time. Both AD's get this worked out asap this morning. This was a game both teams and fans waited forever for. Do the right thing.

• Like 2

Just too bad both of those games were torched by the weather. The G-Men really needed to have those 4 quarter battles to see how they react to adversity or success. I’ve seen teams hang with other teams for a half, only to let it slip away as the game progressed or to be the team that separates itself and does the pulling away. With the weakness of the Region, we won’t know anything until Betsy/DB and week 10 with Betsy/G-Men. Hard to gauge where these teams truly are. And it’s kinda fitting in a way. No more speculation. We’re going to have to wait until the end of the season to see how it plays out. You gotta lobe high school football!

49 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Barney's solution to this mess. Both teams meet halfway at Carson Newman either Saturday or Sunday. Both teams have enough time to rest for next week. Play during day so no expense for lighting and good chance to find officials. Don't tell me it can't be done because Alcoa and Maryville played Sunday on ESPN that time. Both AD's get this worked out asap this morning. This was a game both teams and fans waited forever for. Do the right thing.

Dude, if you can get ESPN to foot the bill, then I am sure we can find a way to make this happen.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I like it, or....   they could maybe finish the game inside in Gray at the Boone Dome, it's the weather-free place to be

Just now, GeneralRebel said:

Rule it a tie for both teams or play the game tomorrow.  No contest- give me a break, that is every kid gets a trophy crap.   I would have to think G-ville would have been pushing to finish the game or find a way to play this weekend,

This sounds like a TSSAA thing. It may be they are required to rule it that way. I am sure both of these teams were chomping at the bit to finish. Greeneville relies on their non-conference schedule to get them battle ready.