Oak Ridge vs Clinton

92Dragon

59 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If he he isn't allowed on the field. Just put HC in press box. Works out good for AC head coach. I don't think there's a rule against that, is there? 

Pretty sure that a coach who has been ejected isn't allowed on the premises a couple of hours before or during the game.  

EDIT:  

Found it, page 26 of the TSSAA 2023/2024 Bylaws: 

B. The school will be given a choice of removing the coach for a specified number of contest(s) and pay a fine of $250.00 or face further disciplinary action. The school shall not allow the suspended coach to attend games while under suspension.

Microsoft Word - 2023-24 TSSAA Bylaws and Constitution 7-18-23.docx

Edited by HTV

35 minutes ago, HTV said:

Pretty sure that a coach who has been ejected isn't allowed on the premises a couple of hours before or during the game.  

EDIT:  

Found it, page 26 of the TSSAA 2023/2024 Bylaws: 

B. The school will be given a choice of removing the coach for a specified number of contest(s) and pay a fine of $250.00 or face further disciplinary action. The school shall not allow the suspended coach to attend games while under suspension.

Microsoft Word - 2023-24 TSSAA Bylaws and Constitution 7-18-23.docx

Well I guess that eliminates that thought. Attend games hmm... I see am opening in that statement. I guess attend needs defined. To not Attend as a coach or can he be a spectator. They should just say he is not allowed admission to the game in question. 

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well I guess that eliminates that thought. Attend games hmm... I see am opening in that statement. I guess attend needs defined. To not Attend as a coach or can he be a spectator. They should just say he is not allowed admission to the game in question. 

It's really pretty simple. He can't be there. Period.  

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yep it's still on and I bet that place will be packed too! Record breaking attendance, less 1.

Well I wouldn't go that far, but I bet there will be a decent crowd there. 

I bet 1/4 of the crowd will show up just to see who acting head coach will be and another 1/3 will leave after the bands play at halftime. :rolleyes:

Edited by 92Dragon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Well I wouldn't go that far, but I bet there will be a decent crowd there. 

I bet 1/4 of the crowd will show up just to see who acting head coach will be and another 1/3 will leave after the bands play at halftime. :rolleyes:

I think you should get a decent crowd from AC alone. You know the nosey type like me; onlookers to see the Dragons play. Kind of like how everyone just has to slow down and see a car wreck. And that is no pun intended at all. 

38 minutes ago, Whs1984 said:

Oak ridge should win big here just run the ball and blitz on defense with a QB spy 

Just don’t see it being as easy peasy as some seem to think. 1. This is Clinton’s Super Bowl. Always has been, always will be. 2. It’s at Clinton. 3. Clinton is loaded with talent. Now maybe it isn’t that well coached, but they still have plenty of talent. The QB and RB can take it to the house anytime they touch the ball. 4. Did McMinn figure out the blueprint to neutralize the OR offense, or was it just a bump in the road for OR? OR looked awful on offense last Friday. Will that carry over? We’ll see. 5. Rang not on the sidelines. How will that affect the Wildcats? 6. Last, but certainly not least, the Freddie Fagan factor. Will the Dragons put an end to the 13 game losing streak against OR? Stay tuned.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1