Greenback at Oneida

BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, CoachMayflower said:

Hey fellers, I have heard that the Oneida line has some young guys on that front five and was wondering how they will hold up against that Greenback d-line. In particular I have heard that #78 and #77 have great size and I'd like to know how they are holding up.

Very young up front, but for the most part they’ve been doing their jobs. I think as of how young Oneida is they are doing fairly well. 

45 minutes ago, CoachMayflower said:

I completely agree, I was watching that broadcast last week and the run game just never got going. Which is a far cry from the week before for Oneida.

The run game is something Oneida is struggling with. I feel like it could possibly get better this week. Defensively I feel like Oneida has phenomenal talent on that side of the ball. From looking at stats both linebackers adding up for about 35 tackles is incredible. I see the defense being the key part of this game.

17 minutes ago, MoonMan57 said:

That comment was derived from you guys telling me that is where yall stand

I’m just messing around. We’re not bad guys, just like to have fun digging at each other. We love Oneida football and want it to succeed. I’ve been on here for a very long time and have been around the program in a lot of different capacities so I tend to treat them like family because frankly that’s how I see those in it. And we all know you’re hardest on those you love. Some of that staff were on the sidelines way back when I was on staff starting ‘07-‘08. You should really come introduce yourself sometime, we’re not hard to find (no Coach Prime reference intended). 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

I’m just messing around. We’re not bad guys, just like to have fun digging at each other. We love Oneida football and want it to succeed. I’ve been on here for a very long time and have been around the program in a lot of different capacities so I tend to treat them like family because frankly that’s how I see those in it. And we all know you’re hardest on those you love. Some of that staff were on the sidelines way back when I was on staff starting ‘07-‘08. You should really come introduce yourself sometime, we’re not hard to find (no Coach Prime reference intended). 

Men, I love the Indians too some time we shall meet up. I enjoy talking ball that’s why I got on here (and to ruffle some feathers) 

Edited by MoonMan57

1 hour ago, CoachMayflower said:

Hey fellers, I have heard that the Oneida line has some young guys on that front five and was wondering how they will hold up against that Greenback d-line. In particular I have heard that #78 and #77 have great size and I'd like to know how they are holding up.

Both are doing better on defense than offense which is expected. Defensively you’re going to an area typically and obviously offense has to catch you, block you and move you where they want you. They gobble up block’s allowing allowing the LBs to do their thing. Gotta get the encroachment under control, not just those 2 but the entire defense, 5 yard gifts suck on 3 & 4!

My take is not as much our defense, it’s more theirs. I’m not sure they can keep 7 in the box and stop the pass. If they can were had. If they have to drop a 5th we can run on them I believe but moreover I think we can still pass on their 5 so they may have to flip the box and have only 5 to play the run and use 6 in coverage. If they do that we can control the game on the ground. If they commit to making us pass and play 6+ in the box the passing numbers should be very good. Then again you should ask @TSSAAfootball, he knows it all, apparently my shoes are stupid :lol:

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Both are doing better on defense than offense which is expected. Defensively you’re going to an area typically and obviously offense has to catch you, block you and move you where they want you. They gobble up block’s allowing allowing the LBs to do their thing. Gotta get the encroachment under control, not just those 2 but the entire defense, 5 yard gifts suck on 3 & 4!

My take is not as much our defense, it’s more theirs. I’m not sure they can keep 7 in the box and stop the pass. If they can were had. If they have to drop a 5th we can run on them I believe but moreover I think we can still pass on their 5 so they may have to flip the box and have only 5 to play the run and use 6 in coverage. If they do that we can control the game on the ground. If they commit to making us pass and play 6+ in the box the passing numbers should be very good. Then again you should ask @TSSAAfootball, he knows it all, apparently my shoes are stupid :lol:

:roflolk: