Huntingdon Mustangs vs Riverside Panthers

horse

I like how Riverside beat the Mustangs in the playoffs last year and all of a sudden this is a "rivalry." :lol:

No disrespect Panthers, but I don't think many Huntingdon fans consider this a "Rivalry" yet. Milan, obviously. McKenzie, for sure. Camden even, yeah probably. Still seems way too one-sided to be considered a true rivalry yet, imo.

Edited by sportsnutz
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I like how Riverside beat the Mustangs in the playoffs last year and all of a sudden this is a "rivalry." :lol:

No disrespect Panthers, but I don't think many Huntingdon fans consider this a "Rivalry" yet. Milan, obviously. McKenzie, for sure. Camden even, yeah probably. Still seems way too one-sided to be considered a true rivalry yet, imo.

You’re right. Teams haven't met every year. But over the last 20 years they have played 5-6 times. Huntingdon has won all but 1. 1 win doesn’t make a rivalry. Very lopsided. 

A friend of mine from Huntingdon said this about playing RHS over the years, "We don't lose to Riverside, it just doesn't happen." Over the years Riverside has been a 4-6 to 6-4 team. But that's not true anymore. RHS is one of the best teams in 2A football now, even if the bluebloods like Huntingdon don't like it. There were a lot of people in West TN who really applauded Riverside knocking Huntingdon out of the playoffs last year. I hope it stays  a clean competitive game, and my RiverRats can keep giving the traditional power programs heck -  the Huntingdons and Lexingtons, and Milans. 

1 hour ago, @38320 said:

A friend of mine from Huntingdon said this about playing RHS over the years, "We don't lose to Riverside, it just doesn't happen." Over the years Riverside has been a 4-6 to 6-4 team. But that's not true anymore. RHS is one of the best teams in 2A football now, even if the bluebloods like Huntingdon don't like it. There were a lot of people in West TN who really applauded Riverside knocking Huntingdon out of the playoffs last year. I hope it stays  a clean competitive game, and my RiverRats can keep giving the traditional power programs heck -  the Huntingdons and Lexingtons, and Milans. 

All of a sudden the Mustangs are favored to beat the Panthers based on the victory at Milan. That game ain't got nothing to do with the Riverside - Huntingdon battle. These are two talented tough nosed teams going head to head. I think the Mustangs can beat the Panthers but can and doing it are two different things.