South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

7 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

We do run the wing with classic QB offset (and various combinations of FB / HB, direct snaps) - what we don't do, is have the QB sitting "side saddle". When we are home in orange / black combination the semblance to SP years ago is eerie. You still may want to bring a handkerchief - it's close enough. I'll ask Petey if he can have Yates get in the saddle for one play, just for nostalgia reasons.  Looking forward to a good game, knowing the outcome will not affect either teams' trajectory, pray for no injuries.

If nothing else just line up in the single wing on 4th and less than 5.Then when the QB/BB say Down and spins into the side saddle stance odds are the D may jump off sides since they have never  seen this before.

2 minutes ago, ScallyWag said:

If nothing else just line up in the single wing on 4th and less than 5.Then when the QB/BB say Down and spins into the side saddle stance odds are the D may jump off sides since they have never  seen this before.

Yeah,  and the refs most likely ain't seen it either.  I can see them now calling illegal motion on the offense.  :smile:

26 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'd say most think they're a confused bunch to begin with.   I can see them now in a huddle conference.

Yes so can I.Our coaching staff would need to advise them before the game of their intentions of running the single wing. Perhaps the refs memories would be long enough to remember when the time came.Lol

7 hours ago, piratetom said:

MTCS looks like a solid team but our speed will take over.

Depends on how many yellow flags we accumulate.  Honestly, if we execute on offense I think we can get the win but if we can't line up correctly and have 150 yards in penalties it may be a long night. MTCS is very disciplined and are very good up front.  This game should give us a much better idea of where we are.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/23/2023 at 6:47 PM, Pirate2003 said:

At times the offense seems in sync and at times it’s not. Defense is the constant that’s always seems to be there. Win or lose next Friday this looks to be a great game to help both teams get ready for the playoffs.  

We will beat them by 2 scores I believe our defense will shut them down.