South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

I saw a good game tonight.  Like everyone else has said,  the defense set the tone in this one.  The Pirates are odds on favorite to make it to Chattanooga but let's not crown or start comparing this team to state title teams. This Pirate squad will need to iron out some things offensively I think.  Need to be more consistent on that side of the ball.

3 hours ago, FireFistAce said:

I saw a good game tonight.  Like everyone else has said,  the defense set the tone in this one.  The Pirates are odds on favorite to make it to Chattanooga but let's not crown or start comparing this team to state title teams. This Pirate squad will need to iron out some things offensively I think.  Need to be more consistent on that side of the ball.

I compared da defense not da whole team 

Offense still looks out of sync at times patna 

Fellers I need help! We discussed this a few years ago. This was mid-2000s, playoff game. SP RB sweeps right hits open field and takes off. Defenders have the angle and are coming. Kid looks over his left shoulder, waves bye to them, hits another gear and is gone for the TD. Zebras throw a flag, and I want to say call the TD back, SP reloads and just scores on the next play.

What year, who was the player, who was the opponent and where was the game. RLH - I know you know.

it's always a pleasure watching MTCS go down. from their illegal recruitment in youth ball to their cockiness in 2013 with Justin Winn, they don't act like Christians (unless you count fake ones, of which unfortunately there are far too many), and its more of a wealthy social club than a religious org. Well done S Pitt.

if this offends you then it probably applies to you.  

11 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Fellers I need help! We discussed this a few years ago. This was mid-2000s, playoff game. SP RB sweeps right hits open field and takes off. Defenders have the angle and are coming. Kid looks over his left shoulder, waves bye to them, hits another gear and is gone for the TD. Zebras throw a flag, and I want to say call the TD back, SP reloads and just scores on the next play.

What year, who was the player, who was the opponent and where was the game. RLH - I know you know.

Sam Pickett in '99. I don't remember the opponent. I thought he did it against Boyd, but that would have been in the regular season.