Hampton journeys to Eagleton

Backyardbbq15

On 9/30/2023 at 3:34 PM, IMDog said:

Just seemed like a bunch of spoiled players

They do not belong in public schools.... the advantage they have over other 2A public schools is enormous. The facilities/filed does not replicate that of a rural public school. The TSSAA main office should take a trip to visit the facilities of these schools to determine the level playing field.

21 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

They do not belong in public schools.... the advantage they have over other 2A public schools is enormous. The facilities/filed does not replicate that of a rural public school. The TSSAA main office should take a trip to visit the facilities of these schools to determine the level playing field.

FACT

50 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

How does one determine the penalty for having good facilities? If you have turf you have to move up a class? You realize how ridiculous and petty that sounds. 

2 hours ago, Ghostly said:

Most of the school building is 70 years old, the football field has multiple uses and the only field for band, football, soccer and other uses would have worn a regular field out. They really had no choice. Eagleton is just a small area on the outside of the city limits surrounded by 80 year old 2 bedroom homes built during WW2 out of basically 2x3 walls each built in a day. People that live in Maryville look down on this area of Blount County and call this area Shantyville. The majority of the Counties Mexican population live there around the school and believe me they love soccer so that field will get it's workout.

8 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

How does one determine the penalty for having good facilities? If you have turf you have to move up a class? You realize how ridiculous and petty that sounds. 

Shouldn't be a penalty for facilities , sports magnet is where it comes in. Not the same drawing pool as the rural publics.

Eagleton is a school for kids to learn trades that most are looking to jump into right after school. Don't understand why they stuck such a fancy name on the place unless it was under some means to get government money. They passed on a golden chance to have hired one of three different head coaches that have won titles and built winning programs and stayed in house with an assistant coach from last years staff. If they were a football magnet they would have hired one of those three coaches. I think your afraid they'll be another Alcoa and that won't be the case. They should be competitive at some point in the future. Don't let that fake grass field and that three story press box scare you, just another team.

5 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m with Pujo on that fact. CAK stayed Public way too long. About 40% of the “Public” Schools should be moved over. Especially IF they have “open” enrollment. Anyone wondering how Alcoa is arguably the best “Public” School in the State year in year out. They draw all the athletes from other schools. I’m placing my Vote to make them Private as well until they just take Kids in their City Tax Zone. I’m sure BC Sports is gonna be Butt Hurt. But facts are facts. 

Aren’t most rural county schools open enrollment? 

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Eagleton is a school for kids to learn trades that most are looking to jump into right after school. Don't understand why they stuck such a fancy name on the place unless it was under some means to get government money. They passed on a golden chance to have hired one of three different head coaches that have won titles and built winning programs and stayed in house with an assistant coach from last years staff. If they were a football magnet they would have hired one of those three coaches. I think your afraid they'll be another Alcoa and that won't be the case. They should be competitive at some point in the future. Don't let that fake grass field and that three story press box scare you, just another team.

I will say I sat near the student section in their game vs Oneida and they were not your typical private school kids. I don't want to get into specifics but it looked like a pretty low income population. I've sat near the student section and watched games at CAK and KC and it was polar opposites. 

7 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I will say I sat near the student section in their game vs Oneida and they were not your typical private school kids. I don't want to get into specifics but it looked like a pretty low income population. I've sat near the student section and watched games at CAK and KC and it was polar opposites. 

Eagleton isn't a private school, someone from Hampton don't know the difference between a sweater vest and a Broadway Barber Shop T Shirt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Eagleton isn't a private school, someone from Hampton don't know the difference between a sweater vest and a Broadway Barber Shop T Shirt.

Lower income public schools don't have turf  their 1st year, most never have it. Don't know the income of the parents but Money is somewhere.

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think most can go to any school in County as long as they do it before 9th grade.

TN is one of 7 states that has within-district open enrollment. There are too many schools in TN that cannot manage to achieve the minimum in academic standards that the policy was put into effect to allow kids to move to what is hopefully a better school.