South Pittsburg vs Chattanooga prep. Will the Pirates keep rolling?

Geno

Just now, Pirate2003 said:

I predict they still get mercy ruled next week. 

I would say so, I think valley will beat us. Our starting quarterback is out for the year now. The kid who played qb against whitwell played fairly decent for never doing it is what I was told. I hate it for the kids up here, I really do. I hadn’t missed but one game in nine years until this season. It’s just hard to watch. The guys helping Grabowski out are good guys and their heart is in the right place. I don’t want anyone to get offended if they read this. As an alum it’s just hard to see the program in this state.

3 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says youngons can only post about what theys seen. Geno should get Great Grand Pappy to learn him more. Wigfall is The Legend known around the area. Leastways, Old Timers knowds more than the youngons when theys can remember atall.

Robert Robinson may have sum to say about dat OP!

We can argue about the best running back all day. Chubb, Eddie Moore, Robert Robinson, Raquis, Corey Tipton, Rodney Cummings, Doc Adcock, Bo Hayden, etc. They were all great, and all brought they're own talents and skills to the table. All are worthy of the nod as are a few more. But, and this is coming from a guy that never saw him play, Jimmy Wigfall is still the measuring stick that all Pirate backs are compared to. 

5 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

We can argue about the best running back all day. Chubb, Eddie Moore, Robert Robinson, Raquis, Corey Tipton, Rodney Cummings, Doc Adcock, Bo Hayden, etc. They were all great, and all brought they're own talents and skills to the table. All are worthy of the nod as are a few more. But, and this is coming from a guy that never saw him play, Jimmy Wigfall is still the measuring stick that all Pirate backs are compared to. 

Always a hidden one people tend to forget about because he only played one year but four years would have been special…Cody Walker

On 10/4/2023 at 8:57 AM, team69 said:

Ever heard of Jimmy Wigfall?

Yes and that team in 69 won the first Gold ball at SP with a team of tough hard nosed players.I have to put them at or very near the best team to grace the Orange and Black.Been so many great Pirate teams through the decades to really crown one as the greatest for me.That 69 team beat that Eddie Brown ( NFL All Pro) Jailhouse team in a great game by Jimmy Wigfall.We had some great mid 80's teams that haven't been mentioned on here as well.