3. Huntingdon (5)       5-1     113    T5

4. Riverside (1)           5-2      96      1

5. Loretto                   7-0      92    T5

6. Milan                       6-1      78     4

7. East Robertson      6-1     53     8

8. Smith County         5-2     48     7

9. Lewis County         6-1    46      9

10. Mt. Pleasant         6-1    21     10

Others receiving votes: Hampton 19. South Greene 18. Mitchell 17. East Hickman 2. Waverly 1. Monterey 1.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

moses-holding-10-commandments-tablets-co

2A Nation

Division I – Class 2A

1. York Institute (5)      7-0     141     2

2. Marion County (5)   7-0     134     3

Others receiving votes: Hampton 19. South Greene 18. Mitchell 17. East Hickman 2. Waverly 1. Monterey 1.

Haven't heard anything about York or Marion this year. Are those 2 teams legit over there? I wonder how either of those teams would match up against Huntingdon, Milan, or Riverside.

4 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Haven't heard anything about York or Marion this year. Are those 2 teams legit over there? I wonder how either of those teams would match up against Huntingdon, Milan, or Riverside.

Don't think either matches up but Marion Co is pretty good.

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

Don't think either matches up but Marion Co is pretty good.

Just a lil opponent information for all 5 up to this point.

Opponents records

York - 22-21 (6 games)

Marion County 15-33 (7 games)

Huntingdon 30-12 (6 games)

Milan 20-28 (7 games)

Riverside 24-23 (7 games)

Not that this means anything, just a little information.

Is Marion good, or are they playing inferior teams? I have no clue about any east team.

1 minute ago, stangsby3 said:

Is Marion good, or are they playing inferior teams? I have no clue about any east team.

Yes.

They are good.

They are playing inferior teams.

They are starting to find their footing as well it seems. The pieces were there, they just had to figure the puzzle out. I can only go by hearsay, but they seen to be doing that.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

moses-holding-10-commandments-tablets-co

2A Nation

Division I – Class 2A

1. York Institute (5)      7-0     141     2

2. Marion County (5)   7-0     134     3

Memphis Fairley is a top 5 team!  They gave Covington all they wanted.

16 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yes.

They are good.

They are playing inferior teams.

They are starting to find their footing as well it seems. The pieces were there, they just had to figure the puzzle out. I can only go by hearsay, but they seen to be doing that.

I watched a few clips of them. They have some speedsters. For me, and this means nothing, but its hard to judge how well a team is when they haven't been truly tested. I think they have 2 tough games the next 2 weeks (I think?). Should give a better idea. 

In my opinion Huntingdon should be #1. I've watched games of most of the top 10 teams and Marion is a top 10 team. Their best win is probably the 45-0 over Sequatchie. When they made the schedule Brainerd had a 4 star qb who transferred to KY and they had Boo Carter. East Ridge was going to have a pretty good team and Tyner is Tyner. Their opponents records are bad but all those inner city teams are absolutely loaded with athletes. 

Can Marion compete with the West teams?? Only one way to find out I hope. Warriors do have some speed and size but their defense is what is starting to really come around. If they can play to their potential they will be hard to beat.

8 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

In my opinion Huntingdon should be #1. I've watched games of most of the top 10 teams and Marion is a top 10 team. Their best win is probably the 45-0 over Sequatchie. When they made the schedule Brainerd had a 4 star qb who transferred to KY and they had Boo Carter. East Ridge was going to have a pretty good team and Tyner is Tyner. Their opponents records are bad but all those inner city teams are absolutely loaded with athletes. 

Can Marion compete with the West teams?? Only one way to find out I hope. Warriors do have some speed and size but their defense is what is starting to really come around. If they can play to their potential they will be hard to beat.

Think Huntington and Marion Co are the top 2 teams from each side but neither are a lock to get to the state, both will have stiff comp when the playoffs start.