South Greene visits Eagleton

BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, Spike016 said:

I think Hampton will beat SG. It may be a ball game for a half but Hamptons run game is gonna be too tough. 

It will not be close and over in the 1st qtr. The only way it will be close for half is if that same team that was alive in the 1st 4 games show up. The Dogs will chew them up and spit-’em out and never look back.

Edited by Romansfive8

1 minute ago, Romansfive8 said:

It will not be close and over in the 1st qtr. The only way it will be close for half is if that same team that was alive in the 1st 4 games show up. The Dogs will chew them up and spit-’em out and never look back.

If they don’t get something figured out they will be ousted in the 1st round. I thought early in the year they may be the team to beat up in that region but something has happened and it’s lasted quite a few games. 

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

They did not play the whole game. Radar went out. Another was ejected. Plus to 3 others were sick and they played limited. SG seemed lifeless for most of the game and did to not play to their potential. However, HV was full of life from the get go and kept the foot on the pedal. HV is a better team than how they started out and now they have some momentum. They handled CG this past Friday. Garrett has them heading in the right direction and they will not be an easy out in the playoffs.

SG however, if they don’t put the breaks on the downward spiral, they’ll not make it out of the 1st round.

I'm not saying they played every snap But Rader scored the TD in the 4th quarter to put SG up 20 to 14 and he ran the ball on the 1st play in OT and Buckner caught the pass at midfield late in the 4th and was the intended target on 2nd down in OT. 

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Pujo I wouldn’t read to much into the Meigs/Polk game. Meigs has been costing and Polk always plays us tough, that was just a good game to bring those young men back to earth, and let them know they can’t take anyone lightly. I would put money on it if they played again it would be totally different.

I think region 1 is just Hampton and region 2 is York, Oneida and a Bledsoe team that has surprised some people this year, I think Oneida has their hands full with Bledsoe and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get the 2 seed.

Yeah you can never look at just one game, totally body of work is what you look at. 

8 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I'm not saying they played every snap But Rader scored the TD in the 4th quarter to put SG up 20 to 14 and he ran the ball on the 1st play in OT and Buckner caught the pass at midfield late in the 4th and was the intended target on 2nd down in OT. 

True and ejection came in 4th period also I think, but he should have been tossed in 1st period

13 hours ago, pujo said:

Chances are SSSSLLLLLIIIIMMMMMM. Best chance would be if Hampton takes care of business and Bledsoe beats you guys. Would be a good 1st round game.

No if you beat SG and Bledsoe beats us then us and HC are both the 3 seed and all that craziness I listed would have to happen I think. We need tone the 2/3 one way or another to play HV in round 1 so either SG has to beat you or we have to beat Bledsoe. I’d like to see us beat Bledsoe and y’all beat SG myself. 

29 minutes ago, crow said:

No if you beat SG and Bledsoe beats us then us and HC are both the 3 seed and all that craziness I listed would have to happen I think. We need tone the 2/3 one way or another to play HV in round 1 so either SG has to beat you or we have to beat Bledsoe. I’d like to see us beat Bledsoe and y’all beat SG myself. 

If we beat SG, HV Will finish 2ond because the beat SG. Thats the 1st tie breaker, head to head.

• Thanks 1

I've never been to Happy Valley but I think watching a game at Hampton with old Pujo walking around before the game is my preference. Really nice setting for a game. So I'm hoping SG beats Hampton but I'm pretty sure that game will be over at halftime. I think for the most part it's shaping up like most people thought it would. Hampton and York as 1's, everybody else waiting to be blown out in whatever round they play them. As for Polk, they can't seem to find a way to win. They had so many missed opportunities vs Oneida that I bet that coach didn't sleep that night. I watched the Meigs game and Polk played their best game of the year. They had some players back that haven't played in a while. Meigs really should have won 28-0 but just couldn't finish drives in the redzone. Made some really dumb plays too. Dumb penalties and bad clock management in the first half erased 2 scores. But Polk did play their best game all year. I'd say Meigs played their worst game of the year though. It will be interesting to see how the regions matchup. If I was doing a power rankings for Region 1/2. I would say:

1.  York

2. Hampton

3. Bledsoe

4. Happy Valley 

5. South Greene

6. Oneida and Polk tied

8. Eagleton

I'm just assuming SG is better than they played vs Eagleton due to injuries. But I could have easily put SG tied with Oneida and Polk.