South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Stone Cold vs Rocky Balboa)

Southtowner

Pirates had flags at beginning of the season with personal foul issues. I don't recall us getting any of those the last few weeks so maybe that part is fixed. I honestly don't mind the holding penalities because those could be called every play and if you aren't holding then you just arent giving any effort at all. The blocking in the back and personal fouls is what I would keep my eye on in the playoffs those are the ones that will beat us. ( which I don't think we have had many of the last 2 recently)

Edited by LethalAttack
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LethalAttack said:

Pirates had flags at beginning of the season with personal foul issues. I don't recall us getting any of those the last few weeks so maybe that part is fixed. I honestly don't mind the holding penalities because those could be called every play and if you aren't holding then you just arent giving any effort at all. The blocking in the back and personal fouls is what I would keep my eye on in the playoffs those are the ones that will beat us. ( which I don't think we have had many of the last 2 recently)

I’ve noticed the last several years that the majority of holding penalties (regardless which team) is called on WR’s. They need to keep their hands in or it’s an automatic call.

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Any Whitwell by 50 posters?

Any We play real football @ Whitwell posters?

Any Whitwell posters at all?

Any proverbial red headed step child posters?

^  I believe @rlh tagged Whitwell as such once?  :smile:

I have been waiting on dat fella dat said “whitwell plays real football” to step in and make a statement but I would say he knows exactly how dis one will go patna 

On 10/21/2023 at 11:04 AM, Southtowner said:

I guarantee you I have every copy of that Murphy mans books.  I've looked and can't find anything on this years teams in any of them. :wacko:   

That man at Foodland won't talk to me much anymore because I keep asking him why he can't keep enough fudge rounds on his shelves.  

Some of those folks at the RedEye just give you the evil eye just for walking in.  You think im joking but im not.  

I hear them fellers from the northern end of jailhouse town don't cotton to people from the South part of the County nosing around in their hangouts. If you do decide to go you better get Pegleg and his body guard to fly you in and out.

5 hours ago, ScallyWag said:

I hear them fellers from the northern end of jailhouse town don't cotton to people from the South part of the County nosing around in their hangouts. If you do decide to go you better get Pegleg and his body guard to fly you in and out.

For some odd reason or another,  Roy could always blend in while I always stood out like a sore thumb.

tequila-dance.gif

On 10/23/2023 at 11:06 PM, Southtowner said:

Any Whitwell by 50 posters?

Any We play real football @ Whitwell posters?

Any Whitwell posters at all?

Any proverbial red headed step child posters?

^  I believe @rlh tagged Whitwell as such once?  :smile:

Well, they are the Red Tyggers . . .