Montgomery Central High School 

Cannon County 

Knox Central 

BGA

Liberty Tech

Ensworth

You can take Goodpasture off the list,  just hired Tyler Turner

On 11/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, Swipes said:

You are correct coach.  I could see him staying on as an assistant since that was he was doing that this year before that craziness happened. 

A lot of people don't understand how much strain being a head coach puts on you.  Coach Z has had many great years as a head coach and respect the heck out of him for giving me a call to help at LC when I went to UT. Some fun times turning that LC program around under him

"Strain".  My God, I bet you kept buying Bud Light.  Grow a pair man.

8 hours ago, Deeper said:

"Strain".  My God, I bet you kept buying Bud Light.  Grow a pair man.

Spoken like someone who has never coached high school football in their life.  If you don't think being a head football coach for 20 years doesn't put a strain on you then sit down and drink you one of those Bud Lights

• Thanks 1

I have been fortunate to know several good people that are coaches, some of them head coaches. Being HC absolutely puts a strain on everything in that person's life and it gets more taxing at the lower levels. 

Also should be said not everyone is cut out to be a Head Coach and that's OK, doesn't mean they aren't a great coach

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I have been fortunate to know several good people that are coaches, some of them head coaches. Being HC absolutely puts a strain on everything in that person's life and it gets more taxing at the lower levels. 

Also should be said not everyone is cut out to be a Head Coach and that's OK, doesn't mean they aren't a great coach

Not a more true statement on these boards. "Great coach" usually means that one possesses the ability to teach kids the mental process of preparing to run a play and the proper technique to execute his duties on the play, along with motivating the player to give maximum effort. Head coach's duties encompass everything from roster, travel, uniforms, overseeing funds, officials, scheduling, transportation, assistants, field maintenance, ect, ect, ect... and last but not least, balancing discipline, parents, and administration to maintain a positive attitude. All that, and then coaching the coaches and players on strategy for particular opponents leading up to game day. It takes a special personality to juggle all the responsibilities of the administrative side, while maintaining focus on the performance of the team.

If you don't believe that being a head coach is a "strain", maybe you're cut out to be an air traffic controller...or maybe you just haven't considered all the duties that must be attended to and to what degree that you do it well.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 2:53 PM, MidTennFootball said:

That’s a great statement. Some guys are excellent OC or DC coaches or can really connect and thrive as a position coach. But the HC job can sometimes be a little bit more difficult. And it takes a special person to coordinate and handle everything that goes along with it. Having administration that cares about the program, a great AD, boosters club, support of local businesses in the community and a fan base that supports their team can take a lot off of a HC and help him to focus more on the X’s and O’s. When the coach has to worry about how to pay for everything, do the laundry, stress over his athlete’s well being away from school AND football, it can be extremely stressful.