Tha littull fellurs goes two #1 Brad Lee

STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, alt1958b said:

Coach Floyd is a good person, but a very fiery competitor.

In 1995 he set the record for rushing yards at Bradley, although they lost in the playoffs against Farragut in the 7 overtime 63-62 game. He was also a state champion in wrestling. 

He is 2 games away from becoming the winningest coach in Bradley Central History for games won, doing it 18 years compared to the 20 years for Jimmy Lovell, our first coach (caveat being more games played in a season now).

He took over an 0-10 squad and built it back from the ground up.

This is the best team he has had, and he has done well with it.

I love your enthusiasm but let me correct you on a couple of items. The 7 OT game was 65-64 and Lovell was not our first coach. J.F. Conrey was the 1916 coach for the Bears. Lovell came to BCHs as coach in 1917 after being a 4-sport letterman at his beloved UT. 

Go Bears!

23 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

NFHS means No Football Here Stupid. That's exactly how if feels when a game is advertised and find out their not doing it but those S#*theads will take your money though. Someone at that high school should let people know that a head of time but no they don't because they don't care. Maryville High is run by someone who don't give a Chit about Football and never will or crap like that wouldn't happen. I was talking to one of the Blount County Commisioners the other day at the barber shop and his very words to me was you all got a mess on your hands and everyone in the county knows it.

The TSSAA controls all of the video broadcast rights for the post-season. No school can stream except thru NFHS and they must be a member of that organization. BCHS is a member and will be streaming on NFHS beginning about 6:30. The audio will be the live radio play-by-play from Talk 101.3 The Buzz, synched with the video. The Buzz has carried BCHS football for many years. 

46 minutes ago, baconbreath said:

The TSSAA controls all of the video broadcast rights for the post-season. No school can stream except thru NFHS and they must be a member of that organization. BCHS is a member and will be streaming on NFHS beginning about 6:30. The audio will be the live radio play-by-play from Talk 101.3 The Buzz, synched with the video. The Buzz has carried BCHS football for many years. 

I’m curious, is there a fee or anything that schools can pay and still do their own? NFHS can be garbage a lot of the times…

1 hour ago, baconbreath said:

Gary Ownbey and Earl the Pearl on the call

16 hours ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Yikes. I'm not familiar with the current principal, and a lot of the administration is either gone or retired since I was there. But it's obvious they don't care too much about promoting football and sports. The game broadcasts can bring a lot of positive attention, advertising opportunities, great experience for students looking to get into that field, I could go on and on. And it doesn't have to be a complicated setup. Just give me a wide shot camera angle, a closeup, a scoreboard, and announcers. That's literally all they need for a solid game broadcast, and they refuse to do it. It blows my mind.

In today’s world, where you’re paying good money to have a “athletic Director“, I think some of the blame needs to go to whoever is in that position. Most sports at 825 seem to be in a decline the last few years. That time frame coincides with the current ADs time. Maybe coincidence? Good luck getting him to call you back.

2 hours ago, strongx said:

In today’s world, where you’re paying good money to have a “athletic Director“, I think some of the blame needs to go to whoever is in that position. Most sports at 825 seem to be in a decline the last few years. That time frame coincides with the current ADs time. Maybe coincidence? Good luck getting him to call you back.

Volleyball School 

• Like 1

Gameday!!!

Game of the week across the state, and potentially across the nation tonight. The Bears seem to have the upper edge in this one going into it, but Maryville is still Maryville. They’ve been here and done it countless consecutive times. I like Bradley in this one, but as always, they cannot have a down game. Last time they played in the regular season, Bradley had 2 fumbles late inside the red zone that ultimately kept Maryville in the game. A couple turnovers tonight will most likely have a different outcome. Bears protect the ball and they go to the 3rd round.

Excited for this one!!! QB1, Boo, and Jackson Wilson!!! And that defense all around ;)

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Your right but not sure exactly what powers he has as the AD. Some are just glorfied bean counters but he has always worked with me regarding issues with Go Fan which I do know has kelp him up many a night over some glitch. Maybe we need to be asking him questions but I run a company and the buck stops at my desk not one of my employee's.

12 hours ago, baconbreath said:

I love your enthusiasm but let me correct you on a couple of items. The 7 OT game was 65-64 and Lovell was not our first coach. J.F. Conrey was the 1916 coach for the Bears. Lovell came to BCHs as coach in 1917 after being a 4-sport letterman at his beloved UT. 

Go Bears!

The gist of my point is still there. running off memory and didn't Have Gary Ownbey's book beside me (for some reason I always think of that score as 63-62). But Jimmy Lovell is still considered the father of the Bradley football.

1 hour ago, SouthernBear said:

Gameday!!!

Game of the week across the state, and potentially across the nation tonight. The Bears seem to have the upper edge in this one going into it, but Maryville is still Maryville. They’ve been here and done it countless consecutive times. I like Bradley in this one, but as always, they cannot have a down game. Last time they played in the regular season, Bradley had 2 fumbles late inside the red zone that ultimately kept Maryville in the game. A couple turnovers tonight will most likely have a different outcome. Bears protect the ball and they go to the 3rd round.

Excited for this one!!! QB1, Boo, and Jackson Wilson!!! And that defense all around ;)

Across the nation is a bit of a stretch I’d say but I get the point. Should be a great game