12-0 York Inst travels to Hampton

UCSportsFan

5 minutes ago, Uknolil said:

All I know is… rankings mean nothing this time of year… JC Campbell is a tough place to come and get a win this time of year. We seem to be hitting our stride.

York is bringing in an explosive offense with a dual threat QB. I believe we’re in for a shoot out. 

He is not a dual threat. Their passing game is terrible. They do what they do well but focus 80% on 5 and 20% on 7. If you can stop them it’s over for the most part. Stopping those two is the problem. You know what’s coming and they know you know. They just say come and stop it. So far no one really has. I think y’all have a great chance. Your defense is built for this kind of offense. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

He is not a dual threat. Their passing game is terrible. They do what they do well but focus 80% on 5 and 20% on 7. If you can stop them it’s over for the most part. Stopping those two is the problem. You know what’s coming and they know you know. They just say come and stop it. So far no one really has. 

I was trying to be nice Crow…. 

1 minute ago, Uknolil said:

I was trying to be nice Crow…. 

He’s an amazing athlete but if he’s having to beat you with his arm they’re in trouble. It’s not him, I’m sure he could be a good passing QB also but their system just doesn’t really allow it. The same line that looks like road graders on a run is like Swiss cheese on a pass play. They just don’t do it so they’re not good at it. So far they haven’t needed it. 

5 minutes ago, crow said:

He’s an amazing athlete but if he’s having to beat you with his arm they’re in trouble. It’s not him, I’m sure he could be a good passing QB also but their system just doesn’t really allow it. The same line that looks like road graders on a run is like Swiss cheese on a pass play. They just don’t do it so they’re not good at it. So far they haven’t needed it. 

He is a very good athlete! Hard nosed. 

anxious to see how their defense does against our offense. 

9 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

They haven't played a team as good as Hampton!

We shall see when that whistle blows next Friday…I’m not easily impressed either, and like a said rankings matter nothing. Monterey proved that against us last year in the second round. Overall they are a good football team, but so are we. We’ll definitely have to be prepared. 

I’m with Pujo as well. You’re as good as you are with what you have. Believe we’re in for a good’un 

1 minute ago, Uknolil said:

We shall see when that whistle blows next Friday…I’m not easily impressed either, and like a said rankings matter nothing. Monterey proved that against us last year in the second round. Overall they are a good football team, but so are we. We’ll definitely have to be prepared. 

I’m with Pujo as well. You’re as good as you are with what you have. Believe we’re in for a good’un 

They play physical. Not sure how they’ll respond to playing a more physical team than them. Should be a good one though. 

3 hours ago, pujo said:

You,ve got the same team regardless of where you play, you've got a good team when you play at York and you'll have the same bunch at Hampton. Its not where you play,its who you have to play with.

Wish y’all still had the cannon, I hated it when we were there but loved seeing new folks get scared to death every time it got capped off :roflol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crow said:

Wish y’all still had the cannon, I hated it when we were there but loved seeing new folks get scared to death every time it got capped off :roflol:

We got it back when we had TC up here in the semifinals when lil bro was playing. 

TC people thought they’d been shot :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Uknolil said:

All I know is… rankings mean nothing this time of year… JC Campbell is a tough place to come and get a win this time of year. We seem to be hitting our stride.

York is bringing in an explosive offense with a dual threat QB. I believe we’re in for a shoot out. 

Good to have your input last night, we miss you. Bet you miss it also but you have both hands full. Charity starts at HOME.