Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

1 hour ago, Elias287 said:

I doubt it they’re probably gonna hire out of state wouldn’t be surprised if they hired Jason Whitten.

I think they’ve tried the high school coach thing and will probably back off of that. Not seeing him nor Shawn in the mix. They want someone with college experience and a proven ability to recruit. Shawn has the coaching experience and Jason has the NFL connections and that experience. Either would make great position coaches and could gain experience that would lead to the college coaching ranks. I just don’t see Jason uprooting his family. And I may be totally wrong, but that’s just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

JC will not be fired or forced out of the Model City because, to the administration, football isn’t that important there. As long as he plays the political game and doesn’t upset the puppeteers pulling the strings, he will be a lock.

I’ve seen coaches come in and rock the boat. It doesn’t always go well. One story of when it did, “back in the day” when Dave Rider was hired at Elizabethton, they story goes, he asked for New Jerseys for the team since the ones they had were at least 4 years old if not older. He was told there was no money in the budget for it. So, he took all the jerseys and burned them. They found the money! He always said if the players look good, they’ll feel good, and play better. Imagine if he didn’t do that. Where would Betsy football be now?!

I just think for our area the tri cities when Db is good it makes high school football much better, the atmosphere, double decker stands is full, maybe some are there for the band but still it's nothing like being at j Fred stadium on Friday nights. If you go watch the documentary they did on Alcoa (4th and forever) one of the Alcoa fan was taken in the stadium and said are you sure this isn't a college stadium, that sums it up

11 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

And you have that same sorry Admin to make this hire and a fan base that couldn't give a s**t, so good luck with that. 

You are dismissed.  Feel free to leave.  Obviously you came on here to bash GQ, we got it, now go away.  

I’m not bashing him. He’s one of the greatest high school coaches in Tennessee history 250 and 15. I’m pretty sure all time at Maryville in what 17 years and 11 state championships, one of the greatest to ever do it, but all I’m saying is ETSU should’ve never hired him, and especially given him the contract that we did and we’re gonna have to pay off for the next five years.

Edited by Elias287

2 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I think they’ve tried the high school coach thing and will probably back off of that. Not seeing him nor Shawn in the mix. They want someone with college experience and a proven ability to recruit. Shawn has the coaching experience and Jason has the NFL connections and that experience. Either would make great position coaches and could gain experience that would lead to the college coaching ranks. I just don’t see Jason uprooting his family. And I may be totally wrong, but that’s just my opinion.

True

4 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Who do you think they are going to go after?

15 hours ago, strongx said:

C’mon Barn, don’t let facts get in the way of a good story! 
The old ball coach was a heckova play caller. It will be interesting to see where he heads to. I’d think he would have more good opportunities than bad ones. 

sx goodur points......One ov my favvert GQ storees wuz when'st Coach Superior caim upp two 825 two reecruit Cade Thompson when'st he wuz att Souf Calina.....SS wuz waitchin' sum tape ov Mairvul playin' Knotts Centrull and Mairvul runned a dubble paiss throwbaik two Cade and SS sed "stop tha tape"....."lemme see how ewe set thait upp agin".......and supposedlee GQ did and GQ traided thait enfoe fer a few SS Emory and Henry plays two GQ.......:popcorneater:

• Like 1