Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

On 12/1/2023 at 10:35 AM, JournalEntry said:

It would be fun to see George take over Carson-Newman. I just don’t know how serious they are about football since Coach Sparks retired. 

I’ve talked to some former players who think it’s a possibility. I heard they want to make an announcement on Wednesday. 12/6. I’d rather him go to C-N than a TN high school.

On 11/28/2023 at 5:59 PM, blazer1set said:

Word around that water cooler is that he is coming to Kingsport.           Take that for what it's worth.......

I heard that same thing from a pretty good source.  GQ is sitting on a $400K buyout from ETSU but remaining in Johnson CIty. DB and GQ would be a good match and has precedence with Ted Wilson going from Maryville to DB years ago. It would be a perfect storm, he would make the Indians a 6A contender again for sure. Of course Christian is still the head coach right now.

I wish he would go to Carson Newman though, but apparently that has been confirmed as not happening. Anybody have any idea what CN is doing, I hate it for Coach Clowney, hes a great guy, but the Eagles haven't been good in several years. 

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I heard that same thing from a pretty good source.  GQ is sitting on a $400K buyout from ETSU but remaining in Johnson CIty. DB and GQ would be a good match and has precedence with Ted Wilson going from Maryville to DB years ago. It would be a perfect storm, he would make the Indians a 6A contender again for sure. Of course Christian is still the head coach right now.

I wish he would go to Carson Newman though, but apparently that has been confirmed as not happening. Anybody have any idea what CN is doing, I hate it for Coach Clowney, hes a great guy, but the Eagles haven't been good in several years. 

The only problem with him going to Kingsport is the culture clash.     I really do not believe the city of Kingsport, the school board, & whoever else is involved gives a hoot about building a championship football program.      Now obviously the coaches & players want to win, I'm talking about above & beyond that level.        Kingsport is not prepared to accept an outsider, and by-the-way that goes for all the other big Tri-cities schools, not just DB.

14 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The only problem with him going to Kingsport is the culture clash.     I really do not believe the city of Kingsport, the school board, & whoever else is involved gives a hoot about building a championship football program.      Now obviously the coaches & players want to win, I'm talking about above & beyond that level.        Kingsport is not prepared to accept an outsider, and by-the-way that goes for all the other big Tri-cities schools, not just DB.

I think Kingsport would be fine with an outsider, especially GQ.  The thing that keeps making me chuckle is the way that people are talking about the DB job like it is the best high school job in the state of Tennessee.  

5 hours ago, formerblazer said:

I think Kingsport would be fine with an outsider, especially GQ.  The thing that keeps making me chuckle is the way that people are talking about the DB job like it is the best high school job in the state of Tennessee.  

Well it's a large school in a single high school district that can allow students who do not live in the District to attend. 

There are only a few that meet this criteria. The one thing it doesn't have, is a large population area right next to the district.

30 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Well it's a large school in a single high school district that can allow students who do not live in the District to attend. 

There are only a few that meet this criteria. The one thing it doesn't have, is a large population area right next to the district.

Competition in our area is currently dominated by students who would rather go to Elizabethton or Greeneville where they figure they have a much better shot to win and go deep into the playoffs.  When TriCities Christian Academy opens that campus at the Crossings I'm still convinced it'll just suck up all the athletes in the area.

As of right now, as far as every high school in Sullivan County goes, DB would be the best one to attend.

11 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Competition in our area is currently dominated by students who would rather go to Elizabethton or Greeneville where they figure they have a much better shot to win and go deep into the playoffs.  When TriCities Christian Academy opens that campus at the Crossings I'm still convinced it'll just suck up all the athletes in the area.

As of right now, as far as every high school in Sullivan County goes, DB would be the best one to attend.

Hire him and they will come. Trust me.

• Like 1