Oakland @ Bradley Central (take 2)

jhawk23

2 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

It’s all fun and games haha my buddy from the army is coming down from Indiana and he said we’re hurting is Oakland is our best high school program lol center grove is already out… they didn’t even go far this year so see it comes from every direction. There are teams that would embarrass Oakland just as bad as they did Bradley. Imagine IMG or mater dei… it’d be 80 or 90 to 0 

IMG played Ravenwood 3 years ago. It was 45-14.

8 hours ago, epatty said:

Yep. They also just kept their starters in when we made a bunch of subs and scored. Somebody must’ve bet the over

Two things......first act like you been there, and second, take the defeat with grace. This isn't Oakland's first rodeo. The have won back to back to back STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS! Congrats to Bradley Central for a very successful football season.

4 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

What I witnessed tonight wasn’t expected. I thought Bradley would have played them a lot closer but it wasn’t really as close as the final score made it. Oakland was not impressed with Boo Carter. Great season Bears! Nothing to be ashamed of. Just haven’t been here before and Oakland has. To be the man you gotta beat the man and tonight you just didn’t have the gas to do it. Btw ole Morris looks good in that Patriots uniform. I am just keeping it real

I couldn't have stated it better.

4 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

IMG played Ravenwood 3 years ago. It was 45-14.

That’s closer than I thought. When I was stationed at fort sill Oklahoma… they had some monster teams. High school football is a different animal out there…. They shut the towns down…. And what I like about them… it’s so competitive you have schools as powerful like bixby and there’s still a different champion every year because they ALL recruit. If everyone would get onboard with the recruiting around here this same team winning every year trash would completely stop. 
tell creasy to make that phone call…. Haha call bixby or Midwest next time he’s looking for a game see how that turns out.

This game just proves how elite Oakland is. Bradley was an elite program in my opinion this year. Would’ve beaten any other team in the state outside of Oakland by 2-3 scores. Beyond proud of this group of players and coaches. Coach Creasy has figured out the formula to succeed with that type of talent they continue to bring in. Congrats to Oakland, you guys will be getting another Gold Ball. 
Looking forward to see how BC looks in the off-season. Hopefully some local Southeast TN athletes realize the type of person Damon Floyd is and can see that in how his guys plays for him. The boys fought back last night in the 2nd half and that continued throughout the game, despite getting practically dominated.

Go Bears!!

8 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

It’s all fun and games haha my buddy from the army is coming down from Indiana and he said we’re hurting is Oakland is our best high school program lol center grove is already out… they didn’t even go far this year so see it comes from every direction. There are teams that would embarrass Oakland just as bad as they did Bradley. Imagine IMG or mater dei… it’d be 80 or 90 to 0 

When all your area teams lose so you decide to say everyone else stinks...