Page and West

Whs1984

6 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

there's an argument that west might be the most sustainable with two different relatively recent runs under two different HC's and two differnt principals.

I would agree with that. It was a biggerish gap from cummings to brown, but they both had success. The zone for West has a great mix of kids. West lonsdale all the way to Bearden hill area. This is why they will always be good unless the zoning map changes. You bring in a few kids here and there then you have a great team.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I would agree with that. It was a biggerish gap from cummings to brown, but they both had success. The zone for West has a great mix of kids. West lonsdale all the way to Bearden hill area. This is why they will always be good unless the zoning map changes. You bring in a few kids here and there then you have a great team.

Credit to their coaching staff too.  In my opinion, best staff around.  Very little turnover and most/all are in the school building . 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Having the majority of the staff in the building is huge for sure. That also show that the principal there cares about football. 

The Principal is all in for all West sports, not just football.  But the thing about she doesn't have as much focus or interest in the football team since her son graduated is straight nonsense, she is all in.  

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

The Principal is all in for all West sports, not just football.  But the thing about she doesn't have as much focus or interest in the football team since her son graduated is straight nonsense, she is all in.  

Maybe that is true but I know she was more willing to help football then and I would just imagine its not as big of a deal with him being gone and the ring being won.

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

Maybe that is true but I know she was more willing to help football then and I would just imagine its not as big of a deal with him being gone and the ring being won.

Have to disagree, she does everything the football team needs done and more even now without her son on the team.  

10 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

And honestly, so not looking forward to that!

We are very much enjoying our run that has included this and, the last two years!

I think Page would fare pretty well in 6A. Each title run is pretty special bc it's incredibly hard. Hopefully Page can score one for Middle TN in 5A

Edited by MidTennFootball

3 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Not to trash talk (that should be reserved for those little 1A and 2 A threads) but, we have taken care of business this year, including both the regular season and playoffs. We are in the championship for a reason and that reason is not because we are nor have been a bad team any this year.

Pulling for the patriots!

I say talk trash, there are posters on here saying Page is going to lose as if it is fact or a fore gone conclusion, I actually believe you guys have a good chance to win the game, let everybody know...lol

8 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

What do you mean the Bearden Hill area. West zone goes way past that. You can actually drive past BHS on the way to West if you live/zoned in part of the West zone. A lot of not most West zone students live closer to BHS