Page and West

Whs1984

9 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Proud of West for finding another way to win and go back 2 back. Had to replace 16 starters from last year and these kids just would not be denied.

Hats off to Page for fighting till the end. I really thought West was gonna win by a 31 to 14 margin the way the game was going, but they shut West down and changed offense up to score and find success against the West defense.

Nonetheless West won and is the 2023 State Champs!

Go Rebels!

ear

How many seniors on the starting lineup do they lose after this year. Just so surprised losing 16 and started off beating Bearden.

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

How many seniors on the starting lineup do they lose after this year. Just so surprised losing 16 and started off beating Bearden.

Barn I think they lose most of not all I would say they big difference between this year and last is West had so many close games this year I don't think the backups got a lot of playing experience don't think it'll be a 3 peat coming up but then again no one expected West to repeat this year 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Barney you have 2 ol, 3 wr, qb, 2 rb's on offense and 3 dl, 3 lb's, 1 cb and the kicker. 

So 7 starters on offense and 1 backup.

6 starters on defense and 1 backup.

Lots of young talent in the wings but no big game experience...gonna be fun watching that team grow up like this one.

Go Rebels!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Whs1984 said:

Barn I think they lose most of not all I would say they big difference between this year and last is West had so many close games this year I don't think the backups got a lot of playing experience don't think it'll be a 3 peat coming up but then again no one expected West to repeat this year 

Agree to an extent. The schedule and record may not be the best next season going into playoffs but until someone in 5A beats West on this side of the state they should be in the 3rd round every year.

As a matter of fact Powell, Oak Ridge and Central are the only three 5A teams since 2019 to beat West. So until that changes - West always has a punchers chance.

Go Rebels!

One last thing for all the haters of West on this board and this thread -

We are criticized when we win big or win close because we are supposed to with all this talent.

We are criticized when we lose bc of bad coaching or underachieving with talent.

Recruiting, district lines, oh my.

For once can someone just give credit where credits due?

Guess not...Merry Christmas and see you next year.

Go Rebels!

40 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

We are criticized when we win big or win close because we are supposed to with all this talent.

We are criticized when we lose bc of bad coaching or underachieving with talent.

Go Rebels!

Congratulations, WH4L! Hopefully we can have another West- OR matchup soon. Happy Holidays, brother.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

page had it TWO SEPARATE POSSESSIONS 1st and goal in the last 4 minutes down 24-19 and got NOTHING 

18 hours ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Honestly it was a fun game to watch but idk 

It’s rare to see bad 

Feel bad for Page. They did enough to win and when it mattered the coaches just let em down. 
Weat got bailed out. 

Just a wild finish when it shouldn’t have been and now West gets another title. 

18 hours ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Nothing the players did. It was the coaches that set them to fail IMO. You can’t do what that did. Just feel band cause page players did all they could and were set up to fail late

16 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

You got to admit that its amazing for Page to come up empty on both those drive inside the five 

The end was a head scratcher for sure! Without talking to coach, we were discussing what we thought went down at the end and our (my) thought is that coach got nervous because of three straight times to the championship game and may have lost a sense of where we were. What makes me think that is due to the run game being prevalent then switching to vertical passing game. It was just so characteristically different that we were all scratching our heads.

Having said all of that, there was just a sense of collectiveness that we were going to pull it out at the end like we had done before. 

Hats off to West; they repeated.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Go Rebels!

And they do it the right way. Breath of fresh air in the Knoxville market. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Go Rebels!

When you dominate, haters, losers, cry babies, & everyone gets a trophy crowd will show up here & try & take that joy of being a champion year in & year out away. Now westhigh4life, set back & enjoy your gold ball & letem hate!!! Lmbo!!! You guys are true 5A champions!!!! That’s your credit my friend!!

• Like 1