Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

On 11/26/2023 at 10:33 PM, Warrior11 said:

Coming from a sun down town supporter whose players religiously used the N word towards ER players. Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

I saw that once this year. I was actually shocked at all the hard R words being thrown around. The offending team/town will remain nameless.

On 11/26/2023 at 1:09 PM, Chiefbigfoot said:

Man atlee couldn’t even beat Jackson Co

This is when I was doing radio, I told Pond after the game that they could hang with H2O but they had to use the edges and quick bubble game to match their athletes vs H2O’s. That is where the teams were closely matched. I even told him his line play was not good enough to win these games against TC, H2O, or a playoff game. Safe to say he thought it was a better idea to do something else. Line play and scheme are a lot better under Brooks! 

On 11/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, H2Oman said:

Line play was y’all’s issue

Correct! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TyroneBiggums said:

This game should come down to the wire. I expect East to give their best performance of the year and I think the officials will let the teams play. Seldom do you see a ton of penalties in State games but with this East bunch it most def could happen. I am just keeping it real

Completely agree, think both these teams will play their best game of the year. With that being said , could see East being derailed by penalties. Doubt that will happen though. 

3 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I think the officials will let the teams play. Seldom do you see a ton of penalties in State games but with this East bunch it most def could happen. I am just keeping it real

This is an indictment of TSSAA. Why would officiating not be consistent? Why do they get to play at Chatt? Watch the Huntingdon-Riverside game where everything is called and the game had no continuity. And then watch Riverside-Fairley and mouthing is rampant with no calls. We had games this season where guys in the huddle were flagged for mouthing and then the next game where players could jaw over every play with no call. Some crews call chop blocks every game and some never make that  call. The teams blocking style doesn't change but they can't move the ball because off the crew. Inconsistency is not a good look and these playoff all star crews have been lacking. 

On 11/25/2023 at 1:50 PM, Chiefbigfoot said:

Went and rewatched the film from the York and ER game, wouldn’t be surprised if ER appeals to get 54 back. Didn’t look like he hit or kicked anyone. Just typical shoving

watch the 2nd fight again... #54 clearly stomps a York player... yes it started with #5 twisting the ankle then ER#2 kneeing him in the head ... should have ended there and went on with the game instead more altercation happen punches thrown and during this #54 clearly stomps a York player. Ugly scene by both teams on the field unfortunately ending what was an explosive finish to a game marred by unsportsmanlike penalties. Good luck to #1 i mean ER in the championship game.  Best back I have seen in a long time. The er def ends are really good too.

12 minutes ago, Micronut said:

watch the 2nd fight again... #54 clearly stomps a York player... yes it started with #5 twisting the ankle then ER#2 kneeing him in the head ... should have ended there and went on with the game instead more altercation happen punches thrown and during this #54 clearly stomps a York player. Ugly scene by both teams on the field unfortunately ending what was an explosive finish to a game marred by unsportsmanlike penalties. Good luck to #1 i mean ER in the championship game.  Best back I have seen in a long time. The er def ends are really good too.

I think Groves is the best back in the state. No matter the classification.

24 minutes ago, Salem said:

This is an indictment of TSSAA. Why would officiating not be consistent? Why do they get to play at Chatt? Watch the Huntingdon-Riverside game where everything is called and the game had no continuity. And then watch Riverside-Fairley and mouthing is rampant with no calls. We had games this season where guys in the huddle were flagged for mouthing and then the next game where players could jaw over every play with no call. Some crews call chop blocks every game and some never make that  call. The teams blocking style doesn't change but they can't move the ball because off the crew. Inconsistency is not a good look and these playoff all star crews have been lacking. 

What I don’t like about it is adding two more to the crew. Just more eyes to look for something to flag