For the Gold Ball Mckenzie vs S. Pitt

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Well folks that orange and black team running the SW won today and they did not have a P on the side of the helmet! Do good in the same time slot tomorrow. @rlh question (cause he knows stuff) - has SP won a championship where they had a victory over another division champion in that year? I know Maryville and Alcoa have done that stuff, but it seems rare.

99 state Champ Pirates beat the 99 1a Alabama State Champ Courtland in a classic at Beene Stadium !!!

6 hours ago, Waker said:

I think Huntingdon has gained 2 kids in the last 8 or so years. One moved out in 6th grade and moved back in. The other moved in when school started last year and sat until he was eligible.(8th game I believe) The rest are home grown boys. We rarely gain any. 

I will back you on this from across the creek.  Yalls athletes are truly homegrown from the womb. 

About to head that way.  Save travels to all.  Of course I am picking the Rebels in a close one.  We went through a gauntlet the last 3 weeks to get back.  No one gave us a shot vs MC or Dresden.  Or maybe even Cornersville.  3 Mr. Football Finalist. Regardless of the outcome, our 7 seniors have a 49-7 record in their 4 years.  That is an incredible run.  Comer is looking for win 210.  As always, I will either tip my hat and say well done to our friends at SP.  Or, watch our guys raise that gold ball.  Go Rebels!  Go get it!

Edited by VOLnWTN

17 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

About to head that way.  Save travels to all.  Of course I am picking the Rebels in a close one.  We went through a gauntlet the last 3 weeks to get back.  No one gave us a shot vs MC or Dresden.  Or maybe even Cornersville.  3 Mr. Football Finalist. Regardless of the outcome, our 7 seniors have a 49-7 record in their 4 years.  That is an incredible run.  Comer is looking for win 210.  As always, I will either tip my hat and say well done to our friends at SP.  Or, watch our guys raise that gold ball.  Go Rebels!  Go get it!

Safe travels. Nasty weather currently but should move out an hour before game time.

26 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Safe travels. I'll talk to you soon.

• Like 1

What makes me nervous for both sides today is the officials. Last night I watched live the biggest highschool game in state history for our area and the officials (some making their first state experience) blew a few huge calls for both sides. Here is to hoping both sides get a good crew for today!