For the Gold Ball Mckenzie vs S. Pitt

RedRebelman

35 minutes ago, powerp said:

What makes me nervous for both sides today is the officials. Last night I watched live the biggest highschool game in state history for our area and the officials (some making their first state experience) blew a few huge calls for both sides. Here is to hoping both sides get a good crew for today!

We have had some very questionable calls the last three weeks on both sides of the ball as well. 

From the Chattanooga newspaper 

In 10 games against Class 1A competition this year, South Pittsburg has given up 34 total points, outscoring those foes by an average of 52-3 with six shutouts. Since the playoffs began, the Pirates have allowed a total of 62 rushing yards on 68 attempts.
Once teams get tired of running into a brick wall and try to turn to the passing game, the Pirates have 46 sacks as a team and have intercepted 11 passes.
Even more eye-catching, the Pirates have allowed an average of just 2.3 yards per play (1.06 per rush) and have more negative yardage (521) than total rushing yards allowed (379).
“It’s hard to block them if you can’t touch them,” said defensive coordinator Stephen Britton, who began his coaching career as part of the staff at perennial 6A power Murfreesboro Oakland. “I love having speed and aggression on the field for defense, and our guys love contact. You don’t have to ask them to be aggressive, it’s in them naturally.”

HEELLLOOOOO HEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOO HEEEEELLLOOOOOO!

ONE TIME!! ITS TIME BOYS! THIS IS WHAT YOU BOYS BEEN WAITING ON ALL YEAR SINCE JANUARY. MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE PEE WEES FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY. ITS ALL ABOUT TODAY! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT. YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT. ONE TIME!!

ALL THAT HARD WORK PAYS OFF TODAY! HIT EM EVERY SNAP! TIME TO SHOW THEM WHAT IT MEANS TO PUT ON THAT PIRATE UNIFORM! IT MEANS MORE! SHOW THEM WHAT THE HEART OF A PIRATE LOOKS LIKE! MAKE THEM REMEBER THE NIGHT THE PLAYED THE SOUTH PITTSBURG PIRATES!!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Well folks that orange and black team running the SW won today and they did not have a P on the side of the helmet! Do good in the same time slot tomorrow. @rlh question (cause he knows stuff) - has SP won a championship where they had a victory over another division champion in that year? I know Maryville and Alcoa have done that stuff, but it seems rare.

As someone said, the 1999 team beat Courtland who went on to win the Alabama 1a title.  That same year SP beat TC in the playoffs who had beat the eventual Alabama 2a state champs in the regular season.

10 hours ago, piratepete said:

He’s a stupid troll because his team never beat and probably won’t beat south Pitt and he still hasn’t accepted it yet. But if you guys haven’t heard, Roy said that stone man has a great game plan and that comer man is 0-2 against south Pitt and nothing will change and he’ll be 0-3, You Think Im Joking But I’m Not!

Easy to game plan when you cheat!