Craney steps down at Central

HTV

On 1/17/2024 at 6:08 PM, BigTime1950 said:

Can you tell us anything Bobcat? Timeline? Candidates? I know the weather has probably put a wrench in everything.

School out and weather actually has delayed it, yes. I’ve been told there is a candidate in place and the job has been offered to him. Now whether or not he takes it, that’s up to him but the offer is there. List has definitely been narrowed down to just a couple and a couple really good names have already turned it down(different reasons), and it had  nothing to do with “Central having no talent” or any of that crap. I expect a hire next week once school is back in, unless they announce something today which I don’t see happening.

And out of respect to my source, can’t mention names. But I will say it’s a mentioned candidate so if you look it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. Personally I’d support the hire and think it would be a great fit, but there’s a couple small details to be worked out first from what I’m told. Again I expect it to come early next week.

On 1/17/2024 at 3:10 PM, TheRedDevil1986 said:

Central is slipping closer and closer to the level of AE.

So what exactly is the level of AE?  I mean good lawd, AE has 1 or 2 bad years and every one in Knox County thinks AE never been a top notch program.  When's the last time Halls beat AE?  

13 hours ago, Turtle said:

So what exactly is the level of AE?  I mean good lawd, AE has 1 or 2 bad years and every one in Knox County thinks AE never been a top notch program.  When's the last time Halls beat AE?  

I would agree with you if it was in fact 1 or 2 bad years.  The last time AE had a winning record was 2019.  Over the last 4 years they are 9-34.  I hope they make the right hire because Knoxville football is better when AE is winning

On 1/19/2024 at 9:37 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

And out of respect to my source, can’t mention names. But I will say it’s a mentioned candidate so if you look it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. Personally I’d support the hire and think it would be a great fit, but there’s a couple small details to be worked out first from what I’m told. Again I expect it to come early next week.

This is what l have figured out from looking back at names of candidates and also threw in just some names mentioned. Scott Cummings, ( l am sure some coaches have taken jobs and then left jobs with out even coaching a game), Stanton Stevens,( been counted out already?), Brad Taylor and Lee Warren,( did they really apply for the job), Kevin Lane, (l think this who gets the job, Coach Jones broke the ice on non- faculty HFCs, Coach Lane reaps the benefits), two blast from the past,( two retired coaches, your guess is as good as mine), as interesting hire?(l think this is code for Coach Lane, A local guy with college experience,( could mean multiple people), some guy from Sevier Co.( Just Murphy trying to but in when he doesn't really know, or does he?) A HC that just got fired from Martin Westview but maybe that was a trick to throw everyone off track, maybe not. I hope l have not left any one off. Maybe l missed something 25 pages ago.

6 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

This is what l have figured out from looking back at names of candidates and also threw in just some names mentioned. Scott Cummings, ( l am sure some coaches have taken jobs and then left jobs with out even coaching a game), Stanton Stevens,( been counted out already?), Brad Taylor and Lee Warren,( did they really apply for the job), Kevin Lane, (l think this who gets the job, Coach Jones broke the ice on non- faculty HFCs, Coach Lane reaps the benefits), two blast from the past,( two retired coaches, your guess is as good as mine), as interesting hire?(l think this is code for Coach Lane, A local guy with college experience,( could mean multiple people), some guy from Sevier Co.( Just Murphy trying to but in when he doesn't really know, or does he?) A HC that just got fired from Martin Westview but maybe that was a trick to throw everyone off track, maybe not. I hope l have not left any one off. Maybe l missed something 25 pages ago.

Got fired from Westview?  

He won a state championship 2 years ago.  He didn't get fired.  

Something should happen this week at Central. Students are still out tomorrow,  but Central Office is back open.  

Probably be a while, still, on HVA, not until they get an AD in place and up to speed.