Liberty Tech coach resigns

ReitzFan

On 1/10/2024 at 3:26 PM, tradertwo said:

Hard to tell what they'll do in the future SpottedGoat... their mode of operation allows them the freedom to shuffle the deck with their schools as they choose. They operate as a "zoned" system, but have a form to submit to the system office for consideration to be allowed to attend a school outside their zone. Basically a license to selectively assemble a particular group of students at whichever school they choose.

Similar to Optional Schools in Memphis Shelby County. Kids can apply for any school they want in the district or out of district as long as they are in the Optional Program of that school. 

I was offered a job at Liberty in 2015. That was before they removed the principal and the superintendent did all the crazy stuff. I'm glad I didn't take that job. 

When Liberty first opened it was a great campus. The school seemed to thrive in multiple ways. 

On 1/10/2024 at 1:39 PM, SpottedGoat said:

Wow!  Interesting. Thanks, this is surprising/non-surprising. It's almost like Special School DIstricts are the mob bosses of HS  sports. Honestly, I'd never even heard of Liberty until the last few years. So, with that limited scope, you can imagine the perplexed look on my face when I read about Henry County & their esteemed history. LOL. So now I have family that plays HS soccer (Westview) & they played Madison Academic this year. Again, I had to look them up as I'd never heard of them either. Kids played good soccer, blah, blah. Will they be the new "it" team in line after Liberty- JCM? With JCM maybe half mile away, will that new stadium come into play for both schools? Or is the stadium another notch in the stick of pretty much what you explained before? 

I too had not heard of Liberty until the year they played Alcoa. Hadn’t heard of Madison Academy until I read your post just now. Lol. But I really don’t keep up with that part of the state, only east and middle.

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Similar to Optional Schools in Memphis Shelby County. Kids can apply for any school they want in the district or out of district as long as they are in the Optional Program of that school. 

I was offered a job at Liberty in 2015. That was before they removed the principal and the superintendent did all the crazy stuff. I'm glad I didn't take that job. 

When Liberty first opened it was a great campus. The school seemed to thrive in multiple ways. 

I know that this board is for athletics, but Liberty Tech also had a very strong AG program and a highly respected FFA chapter...that went into the tank as well.

4 hours ago, SSHawks12 said:

Any news coming out of Liberty? 

I've heard they have a final 4 (only like 10 applied) so seems like they are working slow here.

If 100 apply and you don't have a good coach when it's over someone failed... on the other side of the coin, if only one applies and you get a good coach in him, that's all that matters.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If 100 apply and you don't have a good coach when it's over someone failed... on the other side of the coin, if only one applies and you get a good coach in him, that's all that matters.

True but this school has fallen so far in everything since its opening.  Not very attractive place to be for the moment 

Somebody has to get the job. But hey, give it to the guy that has "experience" as a head coach (despite it wasn't good) and screw the assistant coach that maybe an "up and coming" head coach but doesn't have experience. This is where "head coaching experience" is massively overrated.

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2024 at 4:11 PM, tradertwo said:

I know that this board is for athletics, but Liberty Tech also had a very strong AG program and a highly respected FFA chapter...that went into the tank as well.

Why does Liberty seem to be the redheaded stepchild of the Madison Co School system  

Just seems like they're always getting the short end of the stick. All this despite the school showing so much promise in its earlier years

Edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

1 hour ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Why does Liberty seem to be the redheaded stepchild of the Madison Co School system  

Just seems like they're always getting the short end of the stick. All this despite the school showing so much promise in its earlier years

Well, my friend, welcome to the political world. Where a school system had around 3,300 students 10 years ago. They chose to close one of their schools (JCM). The enrollment numbers throughout the county have dropped at the high school level from the present to now. But a certain group of people got mad and frustrated, and JMCSS caved in. Therefore, here comes JCM. And now, we have 4 high schools again. This time, the enrollment from the 4 high schools are around 2,600-2,700 students. (NOTE: exclude Madison from both of those enrollment numbers).

Jackson's biggest regret are several things: (1) I was informed a few months that a company wanted to install turf field to Liberty's field when they went to the state championship game a few years. Obviously, that company wants their name printed on the track around the stadium. JMCSS said no.

(2) Reopening JCM was a regret, those students would be at Liberty.

What Jackson needs to do is to build two new high schools. Invest $200 Million in doing that because that's what it'll take to make them "state of the art" but they can't. They just won't. North Side and South Side is getting older by the minute. 

Edited by TryNotToSuck