Jump to content

Way Too Early 2A Predictions


TheLongestYard
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

listen fool. i typed a post 3 years ago on how to win at Forrest. Some of it Eli adopted. you can spend your time wisely and go find that post. it was comprehensive and had much more intellect than all of your posts combined. you're like a dog that really likes me and wants to be constantly petted. i pay attention merely because you're super loud and obnoxious. in the end i sleep in my bed and you crawl back into your crate. keep following and responding to every single post of mine though. please. i am glad to be such an important part of your existence. truly! i look forward to your response to this post. thanks again for reading. 

Resume please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest will have the talent to challenge Marion in R4. This coaching hire will be HUGE. People will be shocked at how much Stephenson underachieved the last 2 seasons when a real coach gets these kids. 

I hope you guys are in the running General. You definitely deserve and I love reading your post. You and Salem are very knowledgeable of the game. Good luck to you guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just can't pick my stangs to be the favorite to make it to state next year. Region champs? Sure, that is very possible, but until this coaching staff can show me that they can make the necessary adjustments when they are needed, I'm going to have to go with someone else. I would much rather eat my crow than to continue to look like a fool claiming us as the favorites every year just to underperform in the playoffs year after year. We had the horse's in the stable, but still couldn't get it done.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I hope you guys are in the running General. You definitely deserve and I love reading your post. You and Salem are very knowledgeable of the game. Good luck to you guys.

thank you sir. you're not too bad either for a Waverly fan. Salem is way smarter than me. i am a very basic fan. i do like to emphasize the feel for the game. salem knows the feel and the x and o stuff. coach eli had neither. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

First of all you’re on the good stuff if you don’t think Marion had way more talent and skill this year than they did in 2021 when they ran 90’s style offense shoe to shoe and lost to an average Watertown team when they couldn’t score a single point. I have watched Marion a lot more than you have over the last several years and was at all the state games as well but I am not going to get in a pissing contest with a fan from Forrest.

Fwiw though I would not be so quick to say Marion only has two kids. Had a freshman this year that will be a grown man next year.  I do think Forrest has good size and good football players and could be considered a dark horse pick next season but Forrest can’t get out of their own way. I am just keeping it real

As a Marion fan, the talent in 21 was way higher than the talent on this past year's team.  If not for the qb getting hurt that team would have went deep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Salem said:

 

The last two years Marion Co games should be online. With coaching decisions that make Page's guy look like Andy Reid,  Forrest more than challenged Marion. If we get a real coach hired that can start in January we will be playing in the quarterfinals in the quad that represents the east most years. 

You can pin it to the top of the board. Next year Forrest will look much like the 2023 Riverside team. Big RB, dual threat QB, an all senior offensive line, and as much depth and talent in the skill positions as anyone in 2A. 

Will it be the same qb?  If so he has a lot of improvement to make to be a dual threat.  Not much of a passing threat there imo, if he developed that Forrest would be dangerous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

I just can't pick my stangs to be the favorite to make it to state next year. Region champs? Sure, that is very possible, but until this coaching staff can show me that they can make the necessary adjustments when they are needed, I'm going to have to go with someone else. I would much rather eat my crow than to continue to look like a fool claiming us as the favorites every year just to underperform in the playoffs year after year. We had the horse's in the stable, but still couldn't get it done.  

The tough Mustang schedule I think hurts us late in the season. Playing a super tough region schedule plus non region games against Mckenzie, Crockett Co and a pretty talented Columbia Academy has us beat up. Huntingdon is a very physical team and the schedule takes its toll. Most fans don't know that our QB played with a torn meniscus against Riverside, was not close to 100%. No excuses its the kind of schedule we like to play. It is what it is!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

The tough Mustang schedule I think hurts us late in the season. Playing a super tough region schedule plus non region games against Mckenzie, Crockett Co and a pretty talented Columbia Academy has us beat up. Huntingdon is a very physical team and the schedule takes its toll. Most fans don't know that our QB played with a torn meniscus against Riverside, was not close to 100%. No excuses its the kind of schedule we like to play. It is what it is!

I knew he was injured before the game, but he wasn't all we had. It's not just this year though. It's been every year that we can't get it done, even the years where we had a cupcake schedule. I know both are tough, not enough competition won't have you prepared and too much competition can have you beat up, but he wasn't the only player we had. We abandoned the passing game when we were having some success and their defense was stuffing the run. I just can't pick them to be the favorite until they show me they are the favorite. Still love those stangs tho!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Will it be the same qb?  If so he has a lot of improvement to make to be a dual threat.  Not much of a passing threat there imo, if he developed that Forrest would be dangerous.

Our starter blew out his knee in first game. He is athletic enough to play RB for us and has a strong arm.  2nd string QB from spring/ summer quit. The guy you faced was not on the 3 deep rotation in July. He performed well except for a 3 game stretch with an ankle sprain and he could barely walk. That's when you saw him sprinting out on one leg over and over in a game where we were running the ball effectively.  

No position at Forrest has been under coached more than QB in the last 6 years and that's saying a lot. There has been some talented guys play the position but none looked like they have been coached how to take a 3 step drop. You can find elementary kids on the playground with better mechanics. Here's everyones favorite word, if, we hire a competent offensive coach you will see a huge jump in production from the QB position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2023 at 5:35 PM, TyroneBiggums said:

First of all you’re on the good stuff if you don’t think Marion had way more talent and skill this year than they did in 2021

Two of the most talented 2A teams I've seen were Marion 2021 and Trousdale 2018-9. I would've bet both were headed to a championship but neither won it. Your football knowledge is on full display when you say Forrest out coached Marion and the 2023 Marion had more talent than 2021. Your kid has to be on the 2023 team to wear those purple colored glasses. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...