Forrest Hires Justin Palmer

RocketHouse

Proven head coach and offensive coordinator. Welcome to Chapel Hill. Best of Luck.

Justin Palmer leaving OC football job for Forrest – NWTN Today

Justin Palmer leaving OC football job for Forrest

By user | December 11, 2023 | 0 

BREAKING SPORTS NEWS: Justin Palmer is moving east.

The Obion County Central High School football head coach has accepted the head coaching position at Forrest High School in Chapel Hill, located in Marshall County about 190 miles east of Troy and 50 miles south of Nashville between interstates 65 and 24.
He confirmed the move to The Messenger and met with his Rebel players this afternoon.
Palmer spent three years at Obion Central, posting a record of 16-17. The Rebels reached the Class 4A state playoffs each of the last two years and finished with a winning record (6-5) this past season.
In nine years as a head coach, Palmer is 53-47.
Palmer is familiar with the Middle Tennessee area, having spent several years as the head coach at Shelbyville.
Palmer replaces Eli Stephenson, who was fired after the 2023 season, which ended with a 40-14 loss to Smith County in the first round of the Class 2A state playoffs.
Stephenson was 45-36 in six seasons as the Rockets’ head coach but just 7-14 in the last two years.

The Messenger will have more on Palmer’s decision to take the Forrest job on Wednesday’s print edition.

• Upvote 1

I...I mean....16-17? I don't wanna welcome a new person with a spray of paintballs...but 16-17? Is Obion Community West? 

Ordinarily, this would be a time to come together and celebrate. I guess I will try. For the kids most of all, and their families. 

I just wish I 100% trusted the powers that be to pick this hire. I don't.

In the end, I guess it doesn't matter. What's done is done. He's our guy now.

I hope he has wild success. The kids deserve it. 

Obion and Union city are down the road from one another. Obion county has never won much. Union city is where the football players go to school. 

Obion county improved quite a bit while he was there. 

a coach can only do so much. You have to have the players. If Forrest has the players they will be good. If not they won’t. I am pretty sure they ran a offense similar to Union city while he was there 

11 minutes ago, TCSports1 said:

Trying to be respectful to our kids but since the cat is out of the bag  https://www.tcsports1.com/news/football-12-11-2023-rockets-launch-new-football-era

Couple good details I hasn't seen in other sources.

Ok this settles it. Let's embrace this guy and let him implement his program.

We wanted change and we got it.

He deserves a shot to prove he's the right guy at the right time. 

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Couple good details I hasn't seen in other sources.

Ok this settles it. Let's embrace this guy and let him implement his program.

We wanted change and we got it.

He deserves a shot to prove he's the right guy at the right time. 

Doubt if you care what I (or any 'Ter's) think, but I like it. If you can't get the big gun, this type of hire is excellent...offensive production at Shelbyville looks like he can score, and he's young enough to connect on that level with kids. I wouldn't hold the mediocre success at Obion against him either, as a 6 win season there is exceptional. Only downside would be keeping him if he's a success...all the factors are there to chase the money.

17 hours ago, Southtowner said:

good place to be right now for a coach that nose what hes doin

....that feller coachin record dropped like a hot rock when he took that Cordova, AL job a couple years ago

Booger just sayin ;)