How long has it been since Bradley missed state duals?

fooseball95

10 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Your 4th grader has a long time before he is even relevant in the conversation. Bradley will figure it out by then.

Barring SEVERAL transfers to BC today and looking forward the next 4 or 5 years, Cleveland's entire starting lineup would have to be sick or injured on the same date they wrestle for BC to even COMPETE. Now we have reached the point that puts Trey and his friends in HS. That group of kids have already been traveling, competing and doing well in national tournaments for several yrs. So you're saying that BC is gonna have an entire room of kids that will beat what Bosken, Knox and company have in their pipeline.?? I'm with Trey, just dont see it happening for a long time. Sure, BC will be able to develop a couple of studs. But there will also be some shetland ponies and a couple of jackasses too. Higher Calling and Cleveland already have SEVERAL thoughbreds in the stable that will only continue to get better. 

58 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Barring SEVERAL transfers to BC today and looking forward the next 4 or 5 years, Cleveland's entire starting lineup would have to be sick or injured on the same date they wrestle for BC to even COMPETE. Now we have reached the point that puts Trey and his friends in HS. That group of kids have already been traveling, competing and doing well in national tournaments for several yrs. So you're saying that BC is gonna have an entire room of kids that will beat what Bosken, Knox and company have in their pipeline.?? I'm with Trey, just dont see it happening for a long time. Sure, BC will be able to develop a couple of studs. But there will also be some shetland ponies and a couple of jackasses too. Higher Calling and Cleveland already have SEVERAL thoughbreds in the stable that will only continue to get better. 

A lot can happen in 4 years..... that coaching staff may be gone.... if they are, do those kids stay? Pump the breaks

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

A lot can happen in 4 years..... that coaching staff may be gone.... if they are, do those kids stay? Pump the breaks

Absolutely correct in that alot can happen in four years. Who knows, current coaching staff could very well leave for whatever reason(s), but it would take a massive exodus of their incoming MS kids and elementary kids for their program to take a nosedive.

*Disclaimer* I have zero affiliation with Cleveland wrestling aside from my kids occasionally going to some wrestling camps there. However, this is what I've seen with MY OWN EYES.

The culture around Cleveland/ HC wrestling with community support, parent(S) that are all-in in addition to being very knowledgeable about the sport, kids who love wrestling and great coaches who put in a tremendous amount of time with their kids during the season as well as the "off-season" is UNRIVALED in Tennessee! The closest thing that I can think of would be Murvul football during their peak or maybe Alcoa football. Wrestling wise, it would be Union Co KY wrestling. With the culture that's currently in place and if their MS kids stay thru HS, they will win state duals this season as well as the next 4 years. If the club kids stay there, the streak goes to 12-15 years. I know that's a VERY long way out, but that's what I see when attending youth tournaments. IMO, last season was the yr to end their streak and Summit was probably a 106 that transferred out away from doing it, but it didn't happen. 

3 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Absolutely correct in that alot can happen in four years. Who knows, current coaching staff could very well leave for whatever reason(s), but it would take a massive exodus of their incoming MS kids and elementary kids for their program to take a nosedive.

*Disclaimer* I have zero affiliation with Cleveland wrestling aside from my kids occasionally going to some wrestling camps there. However, this is what I've seen with MY OWN EYES.

The culture around Cleveland/ HC wrestling with community support, parent(S) that are all-in in addition to being very knowledgeable about the sport, kids who love wrestling and great coaches who put in a tremendous amount of time with their kids during the season as well as the "off-season" is UNRIVALED in Tennessee! The closest thing that I can think of would be Murvul football during their peak or maybe Alcoa football. Wrestling wise, it would be Union Co KY wrestling. With the culture that's currently in place and if their MS kids stay thru HS, they will win state duals this season as well as the next 4 years. If the club kids stay there, the streak goes to 12-15 years. I know that's a VERY long way out, but that's what I see when attending youth tournaments. IMO, last season was the yr to end their streak and Summit was probably a 106 that transferred out away from doing it, but it didn't happen. 

Well yeah, all that and the transfers they get in every couple years. 

2 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

In just saying, the name Bradley Pride should be changed because no pride has been in the youth program for YEARS. That’s exactly why Bradley is where they are at now. Wanna be the best you gotta go out and train and wrestle the best. I’d be willing to make a bet that MY 4th grader will graduate and never seen Bradley beat Cleveland. Any takers? LOL

They are in deep deep trouble and last night is how it’s gonna be for the foreseeable future. 

6 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

In just saying, the name Bradley Pride should be changed because no pride has been in the youth program for YEARS. That’s exactly why Bradley is where they are at now. Wanna be the best you gotta go out and train and wrestle the best. I’d be willing to make a bet that MY 4th grader will graduate and never seen Bradley beat Cleveland. Any takers? LOL

They are in deep deep trouble and last night is how it’s gonna be for the foreseeable future. 

Glad you came on here and your first 5 posts ever are to bash the kids club and Bradley wrestling program.  You may be right in what you see, but what axe are you grinding?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, texas23 said:

Glad you came on here and your first 5 posts ever are to bash the kids club and Bradley wrestling program.  You may be right in what you see, but what axe are you grinding?

Sorry. Don’t mean to ruffle feathers. Just calling it like I see it. 

2 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

I don't know about all that, but I do know that after 12 matches Cleveland forfeited out to beat Summit in last year's state duals. Cleveland's closest matches were to the team 5 miles down the road, Bradley Central. However after last night it appears that rivalry may not be as intense as in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SportsTNFan said:

No one is catching Cleveland with their level of commitment to the K-12 wrestling program and the amount of money and resources pouring in. Hats off to everyone involved getting that program back and rolling. It’s been impressive to watch as a wrestling fan. 

A lot of parents has bought in and the perfect storm is rolling. Parents help out a lot with fundraising. Have to have that kind of commitment in order to be successful. And to have them buy in you have to have Elite coaches for them to trust. That is why Cleveland is on top.