Mairvul Footbawl 2024

STARSNBARS

11 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Maryville has always had a well rounded athletic program since I’ve been keeping up. How’s Watertown’s underwater basket weaving program coming along, ILB?

the boys made a region tournament in soccer last year.  here's hoping they do it again.  

But trutyfull, as i've said before, I don't follow them that much.  

I'm still trying to decide which zone I'll live in when I get married.  I won't lie; I'll be choosing a house based on the HS's academics and sports.

I'd consider maryville, but I don't think my family will ever be a basketball family per se.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

the boys made a region tournament in soccer last year.  here's hoping they do it again.  

But trutyfull, as i've said before, I don't follow them that much.  

I'm still trying to decide which zone I'll live in when I get married.  I won't lie; I'll be choosing a house based on the HS's academics and sports.

I'd consider maryville, but I don't think my family will ever be a basketball family per se.

Just giving you a hard time. Well, if you’re going to choose based on that, Maryville would definitely be in the running, along with Alcoa, Farragut and OR. Can’t go wrong with any of those when you combine athletics and academics together. Best wishes as far as the marriage and all that goes, btw. Wish ya the best.

39 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Just giving you a hard time. Well, if you’re going to choose based on that, Maryville would definitely be in the running, along with Alcoa, Farragut and OR. Can’t go wrong with any of those when you combine athletics and academics together. Best wishes as far as the marriage and all that goes, btw. Wish ya the best.

In my own research, I agree with your recommendations and I would add Bearden and West in Knoxville and DB and Greeneville if work ends up taking me further east.  We will want public schools, and best I can see all of these are well-rounded athletic and academic programs.

16 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

In my own research, I agree with your recommendations and I would add Bearden and West in Knoxville and DB and Greeneville if work ends up taking me further east.  We will want public schools, and best I can see all of these are well-rounded athletic and academic programs.

Yeah, those 2 seem to be head and shoulders above the rest in the upper northeast part of the state. Science Hill may be in there, but not sure. SH typically is very good in baseball, basketball, and soccer. For whatever reason they’ve just never excelled at football, which is odd to me with how huge that school is. Always have really good athletes, though, it seems.

Edited by SweetScience

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Maryville has always had a well rounded athletic program since I’ve been keeping up. How’s Watertown’s underwater basket weaving program coming along, ILB?

What you think SS…Blount county football and basketball teams are definitely above average. Even track and volleyball have recently excelled. What’s the baseball problem across the county?

17 minutes ago, strongx said:

What you think SS…Blount county football and basketball teams are definitely above average. Even track and volleyball have recently excelled. What’s the baseball problem across the county?

Maryville was good in baseball last year, in my opinion. Y’all are just in an extremely tough district with some of the best teams in the state with Farragut, Bearden, and HVA year in year out. That’s a tough out. They came to OR and spanked our a$$$$, and OR was above average last year. Y’all are fine in baseball, imo.

18 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Maryville was good in baseball last year, in my opinion. Y’all are just in an extremely tough district with some of the best teams in the state with Farragut, Bearden, and HVA year in year out. That’s a tough out. They came to OR and spanked our a$$$$, and OR was above average last year. Y’all are fine in baseball, imo.

Thanks for the confidence Sweet. I can’t forget f’n hairtage sending us home last year. You know, it’s not only murvils baseball team struggling, but all the baseball teams in the county seem to struggle. It is a tough district, but you only need to finish 2nd.

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2024 at 5:58 PM, strongx said:

Many play travel ball, even at high school age.  Several travel teams are nationally ranked.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Grandma from the 'Class of 42'  watching from heaven in disbelief over Maryville High as the devil has positioned itself into the Booster's Club as if it didn't already have a finger in everyone's butt that teaches there. What could possibly go wrong!!!

431433095_10227102198355025_1853750594512232935_n-001.jpg

???