AAA Basketball

Tigers615

21 hours ago, Nontypical said:

I knew u were a jackson co fan! I work with bobby knight( he told me some good stories about you)! But i thought you were a white co fan! I know you graduated from there. 

You are hanging around a rough crowd lol he would definitely have some good stories to tell for sure ha ha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thetruth10 said:

Cocke County gets a hard fought win over Northview. The lady red played well last night won 3-4 quarters played great defense and rebounded the basketball very well. The Lady Red will host Elizabethton Saturday at home they beat them earlier in the year,CCHS beat Upperman earlier in the year, lost a close one to Jackson South Side. These girls play hard and bring it every night.

Yall are a very great program! We definitely battle with yall earlier in the year. Best time of the year is amongst us! Good luck to yall. 

1 hour ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Millington defeats Covington 65-24, which sets up Dburg hosting Covington and Millington hosting South Gibson. The Lady Trojans defeated Covington 56-15 on November 25th at Gibson County High School. 

How does a school this bad make it to the substate?  

1 hour ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Millington defeats Covington 65-24, which sets up Dburg hosting Covington and Millington hosting South Gibson. The Lady Trojans defeated Covington 56-15 on November 25th at Gibson County High School. 

Can Millington play with South Gibson?

2 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Can Millington play with South Gibson?

I didn't make it to the game tonight and if you've seen my previous posts I've been very vocal about my prediction that both Dburg and SGC would go to the 'boro.

I know a lot of people that were in the gym for the Region 8AAA Final and asked that very question. I was told that Millington went to a very aggressive press and that if they play the way they did tonight that the game will be much closer than I am thinking. 

5 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I didn't make it to the game tonight and if you've seen my previous posts I've been very vocal about my prediction that both Dburg and SGC would go to the 'boro.

I know a lot of people that were in the gym for the Region 8AAA Final and asked that very question. I was told that Millington went to a very aggressive press and that if they play the way they did tonight that the game will be much closer than I am thinking. 

I believe the last place team in our district, Dyer Co, has 2 wins over Millington this year. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I believe the last place team in our district, Dyer Co, has 2 wins over Millington this year. 

The common opponent factor, Strength + Success, and Strength of Schedule all say that SGC wins with ease on Saturday night. However, Dyersburg's press gave the Lady Hornets a lot of headaches in a game where they turned the ball over at least 18 times. I'll stick with my prediction that I see SGC in the 'boro, but if Millington goes press all night the score will be tighter than I would've predicted a week ago. 

South Gibson and Dyersburg punched their ticket to the state tournament in the region semi-finals. South Gibson made it possible for them to go to state tournament in the district consolation by getting beat and going opposite Dyersburg in the region. This district will have 2 teams going to state tournament for a long time to come. Memphis girls basketball is just not very good at all. Complete opposite on the boys side. LOL

56 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

The common opponent factor, Strength + Success, and Strength of Schedule all say that SGC wins with ease on Saturday night. However, Dyersburg's press gave the Lady Hornets a lot of headaches in a game where they turned the ball over at least 18 times. I'll stick with my prediction that I see SGC in the 'boro, but if Millington goes press all night the score will be tighter than I would've predicted a week ago. 

I watched the video of the Dyersburg v SGC region championship last night.  Feel like both teams' weaknesses were exposed.  Dyersburg really struggled with the zone SGC played.  Dyersburg looked unorganized in their halfcourt offense.  That does not bode well for them in Murfreesboro, where they will have to play better teams than SGC. 

SGC only played five players.  Literally did not sub the entire game.  They really struggled when Dyersburg decided to get aggressive and physical in their full court press.  SGC had a real shot at the upset but turnovers against the press cost them the game.  

I agree that Millington could give SGC some problems if they press and play physical.  Dyersburg will win Saturday by 40+.