West Tennessee Head Coaching Openings

18 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Camden , Bruceton, Mcnairy County , and Lake County, Lexington..any word on the coaching searches for these programs? I’ve got a pretty good idea of Brucetons but then again maybe I don’t 

I'm hearing that Lake County might go with an assistant from out of the area. But then again, knowing their history they will keep it in county. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 1:57 PM, west10EZ said:

Camden , Bruceton, Mcnairy County , and Lake County, Lexington..any word on the coaching searches for these programs? I’ve got a pretty good idea of Brucetons but then again maybe I don’t 

One is close to making the hire public, another will be posted soon.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 1:43 PM, Primetime1 said:

Yall will have a good squad coming back no doubt and Dyersburg lost a lot of senior starters. Westview has 8 starters coming back on a defense that only gave up 17 points a game. Our Middle Linebacker that recorded over 100 tackles the year before last  didn't see any playing time until last 3 games of the season due to injury, so he will be back. We have a ton of offensive talent that were just Freshman and Sophomores last year Including the best WR probably in West Tn . With Sipmson at Qb the next 2- or 3-years Westview is going to be dangerous. 

Yeah, but with the way you guys replace coaches it's hard to see how the players develop at all. From what I've heard 4 coaches from the staff last year are gone? I could be wrong there but no stability is a bad thing for sure. I wish the best for those kids but I just don't understand all the turnover 

On 2/20/2024 at 1:57 PM, west10EZ said:

Camden , Bruceton, Mcnairy County , and Lake County … any word on the coaching searches for these programs? I’ve got a pretty good idea of Brucetons but then again maybe I don’t 

John Ross Hudson has been named HC of Camden 

On 2/22/2024 at 1:13 PM, Jchannel1738 said:

Yeah, but with the way you guys replace coaches it's hard to see how the players develop at all. From what I've heard 4 coaches from the staff last year are gone? I could be wrong there but no stability is a bad thing for sure. I wish the best for those kids but I just don't understand all the turnover 

Obviously I know you have no idea the way the program was being run so I don't fault you for that but to say things have majorly upgraded starting in the weight room is an understatement. There are several things that led to the coaching change and It had nothing to do with the record the past 3 years. We have moved on from 3 coaches total and have brought in 3 great new additions. Everything is stable at the View and kids are looking forward to a deep playoff run. Gonna be a lot of points scored the next few years to come and great D-fense play as well. Future is Bright in Martin thanks, to the administration making the appropriate changes.

• Upvote 2

On 2/16/2024 at 10:09 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Understand the optimism, but Dyersburg and Covington will still rule this region until Westview beats them in November. That's it! 

By the way, did Jaylen Moseley transfer from JCS?

Donteze Joy, he almost broke the record last year for most receiving yards in a single game is now # 2 on the list. He will be a Jr next year and is already getting looks from most SEC schools. He was receiver of the Year in our Region

3 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

Donteze Joy, he almost broke the record last year for most receiving yards in a single game is now # 2 on the list. He will be a Jr next year and is already getting looks from most SEC schools. He was receiver of the Year in our Region

Very talented kid!

I will say this, the region will be one of the toughest 3A regions in the state with these three teams and throw Ripley into the mix that can be dangerous IMO. 

On 2/29/2024 at 12:01 PM, Primetime1 said:

Obviously I know you have no idea the way the program was being run so I don't fault you for that but to say things have majorly upgraded starting in the weight room is an understatement. There are several things that led to the coaching change and It had nothing to do with the record the past 3 years. We have moved on from 3 coaches total and have brought in 3 great new additions. Everything is stable at the View and kids are looking forward to a deep playoff run. Gonna be a lot of points scored the next few years to come and great D-fense play as well. Future is Bright in Martin thanks, to the administration making the appropriate changes.

I'm not really sure how a coach that's never won anywhere is considered a great addition. Took a dresden team who consistently won to losing to teams like Greenfield and Gleason consistently. Then did the same at McNairy.  Just a head scratcher there. The other 2 I've heard are decent people and good coaches but I'm not sure I'd thank an administration for something you don't know has worked. Might be the undoing ya know? I hope all works out for the program but it just sounds like some daddies were upset and threw their money around to me