Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

conso Finals Brentwood vs Summit 

#2 Posey is winning vs #1Yazdani

ref calls injury time after a potentially dangerous chicken wing. Posey says “no I’m good, let’s go”. Coach Miller calls the ref to the table and the ref says WORD FOR WORD “No he won’t argue with me that’s the match”. 

Yazdani wins by Inj Def. I don’t generally say this but that ref is out of line. I cannot state how bad that was. Inexcusable. Unbelievable.

Whatever “criteria” is stated to try to justify this ridiculous bracket is a waste of oxygen. It’s a cooked bracket designed to put Summit in the cons. Everyone who’s been around this stuff for a few years knows it’s true.

Anybody with half a brain knows that the #1 team goes at the top and the #2 team goes at the bottom and they usually meet in the finals. Total b******t!

Plain and simple.

• Sad 1

On 1/28/2024 at 3:59 PM, Wrestlingfan22 said:

Bottom line on all this is nobody wants to be on clevelands side of the bracket but if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best and btw im not a cleveland fan 

I heard a quote the other day that I like.  “When people say seeding doesn’t matter then they either don’t understand seeding or they are the best team”. I am

sure Cleveland doesn’t care where they are seeded but I will promise you that every other team in the state cares. Seeding does matter!!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, GrapDon said:

Whatever “criteria” is stated to try to justify this ridiculous bracket is a waste of oxygen. It’s a cooked bracket designed to put Summit in the cons. Everyone who’s been around this stuff for a few years knows it’s true.

Anybody with half a brain knows that the #1 team goes at the top and the #2 team goes at the bottom and they usually meet in the finals. Total b******t!

Plain and simple.

So in your opinion who should have been the #2 seed? 

16 hours ago, GrapDon said:

Plain and simple.

I am not saying that bracket was seeded well, but do you really think it was purposely seeded to put Summitt in the consolation bracket? If so, why? Also, it is interesting to note the three best teams (imo) did end up all wrestling each other.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FrecoFanatic said:

I am not saying that bracket was seeded well, but do you really think it was purposely seeded to put Summitt in the consolation bracket? If so, why? Also, it is interesting to note the three best teams (imo) did end up all wrestling each other.

Purposely? No. There’s no massive conspiracy to screw summit.

could it be sat down and seeded correctly? Yes. Was summit the clear #2? Of course