White County best team in AAA

UCSportsFan

23 hours ago, Basketball44Guru said:

Came down to coaching when Upperman beat Tullahoma to start region play.  Coach M definitely out coached the two 8AAA coaches she has faced this week and it was no contest and definitely not a surprise when you see who the coaches were.

If it comes to coaching in the Region Finals I will take her over Dodgen any day of the week.

Yep

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Yes it was!  I was there last night and they were terrible in that game as well. Halfway into the game, The players were afraid to play defense for fear of fouling out. 

You guys should come over to the western side of the state... bet they're every bit as horrible, but nobody's fouling out! Rough play to the extent that fans get chippy and play gets sloppy. Plain and simple, basketball talent is negated by very physical play that gets worse as the game goes on with no (very few) calls. Shooting fouls are still called, but hand checking with both hands isn't... charge/block fouls may or may not be decided by a coin flip at the rate that they get them wrong both ways, and moving screens, grabbing cutting players, and this "euro step" garbage allowing three steps on a shot attempt is awful. Worse even than all that, the NFL has nothing on some of these high school kids when there's a loose ball on the floor.

8 hours ago, 85warrior said:

I know little to nothing about Heritage. Strong guards or???

I don’t know much either. They are obviously pretty good. Definitely no cupcake like in previous years. However don’t think they can matchup against Sparta as very few teams can. Dodgen needs to use his post players more IMO. Jones and Reed are dynamic and hard to guard on the block. Upperman was at a distinct disadvantage down low but credit Coach McWilliams for having a game plan and the girls for executing it to perfection early on. 

• Like 1