When will Cleveland’s dominance end

bigwilly24

13 hours ago, CorderosDad said:

You're right anyone can be replaced and yes a lot of other coach's can coach technique. I just think Josh is has a special talent of getting these kids to listen and buy in to what he is teaching. To me that is what separates him from most coach's. I don't know every coach so I will not say nobody else couldn't do it but you're taking away the success he has accomplished by basically saying anybody could do it and I disagree with you on that

How will it work next year with little Chittum and your boys?  Will we see Jose up at 120? 

2 hours ago, BobCorker said:

How will it work next year with little Chittum and your boys?  Will we see Jose up at 120? 

Everything always works itself out!! Not sure what the lineup will look like since that is up the coach's and who wins the wrestle offs. If one of boys doesn't make it so be it, nothing is given and everything is earned in this sport. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Looks like Cleveland lost one of their best kids who is moving back to his home state since his dad got a new job their

Apparently there are kids all the way back to 3rd grade waiting to take his place. They won’t even notice he’s gone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It's going to be a long long time before any AA public school is going to catch Cleveland. Private schools might have a shot and Soddy might be able to matchup well to them (prob as well as any AA public school can) but private schools might be the only TN teams that can compete against Cleveland within the next 10 years and maybe even longer. They have a factory there now that is just spitting out top notch wrestlers and I don't see that stopping anytime soon, even if they were to lose Bosken or Knox or both!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ObseverW said:

It's going to be a long long time before any AA public school is going to catch Cleveland. Private schools might have a shot and Soddy might be able to matchup well to them (prob as well as any AA public school can) but private schools might be the only TN teams that can compete against Cleveland within the next 10 years and maybe even longer. They have a factory there now that is just spitting out top notch wrestlers and I don't see that stopping anytime soon, even if they were to lose Bosken or Knox or both!  

Agree 100%!!! Not sure how long the reign will last but last season was the year to beat them. I've said this numerous times on here and in person to many of my fellow wrestling friends, parents and coaches. Some listen but many refuse to believe the facts and writing on the wall. A private school may beat them but it will be SEVERAL years before any public school in TN can match what they already have and what is coming up in the pipeline. The thing that separates the Cleveland room is their Cleveland coaching staff. They have AT LEAST 5 coaches (and this is just the guys that I know or know of) that are in the room every day and who are all better than 90-95% of the public school coaches in the state. There very well could be a couple more that I dont know of too! If a public school team has just 1 very knowledgeable coach in the room every day, the kids in the room benefit greatly. When you have a handful (or more) of experienced and knowledgeable coaches who help kids be the best version of themselves paired with kids willing to work hard and exceptional parental/community support, you get what they have going right now!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wssm said:

Apparently there are kids all the way back to 3rd grade waiting to take his place. They won’t even notice he’s gone.

Rumor has it that a merge between Boom Ranch and Cleveland is happening.  Apparently the Boom Ranch staff will be named recruiting coordinators as Cleveland looks to upend Wyoming Seminary next year.  Sounds like they have a big pickup from Texas moving in! 

13 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

Rumor has it that a merge between Boom Ranch and Cleveland is happening.  Apparently the Boom Ranch staff will be named recruiting coordinators as Cleveland looks to upend Wyoming Seminary next year.  Sounds like they have a big pickup from Texas moving in! 

Boom Ranch does not have a staff. Shane is the Boom Ranch coach and he is too busy making boats to recruit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BobCorker said:

LOL this is gold

I’m not sure why Cleveland wouldn’t want Josh and Joey to be replaceable anyway. I know you don’t want to lose the guys and no one blames you, but if they’re irreplaceable and, God Forbid, they wreck on the way home or something, then what happens? 

Everyone should be replaceable.