Dyersburg vs Upperman

7 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Honestly I thought #1 was the best player for Dburg. She hurt us more than anyone. 

She’s a freshman and the coach’s granddaughter. She didn’t shoot great the first two games of the tournament but looked a lot more relaxed tonight in the championship!

2 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Later. Gonna enjoy the rest of this awesome night.

The rest of the Upper Cumberland celebrating tonight for sure. LA got silver last year never made it out of the Region this year. Nothing is guaranteed next year.

Edited by Khall555

really didn't think this one would be that close so congrats to UHS for a good gameplan, congrats to DBurg and coach Strayhorn, another gold ball for the best region in the state once again West TN

A couple of quick comments...

1) The Lady Trojans were hammered by food poisoning. Four players and two coaches were sick. To pull this one off under the circumstances was unbelievable.

2) As I left the arena the Upperman bus was on the lot near the gathering of Dyersburg fans. When the Lady Trojans exited the Murphy Center, Upperman cheered and blew their bus horns in celebration of the first state title for Dyersburg. I mentioned earlier that I stayed in the Upperman team hotel this week. I have so much respect for your coach, staff, and student athletes. They were incredible ambassadors for your school and community. 

• Like 2