My Guesses at 4-5A

TDCman

OH, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT HIS EATING HABITS ARE???!!! That is crazy man. Obviously whatever his eating habits are, they haven't brought much good to Riverdale at all, noooo. You're right man, Riverdale is awful. They have a pittiful football program. RIIIIIIGHT!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J whoever you are you must get a real kick out of getting on the 4-5a posts. All you have done is talk about how bad Riverdale and all the other Boro teams are. You have praised Jeff Co. , which is fine. Congradulations J Co. finally has some talent to talk about. You can do all this talking but until Jeff Co. beats East Tennesse's best: DB and Oakridge. We don't want to hear any of your comments about any part of 4-5a football. Oh get off of Maryville's jock!!!!!!!

Guest region4fan

In case you didn't know Rankin is close to 50, maybe that is why he looks 50! Rankin's name was mentioned for MTSU as head coach and also Vanderbilt. He has been offered the head coaching job in Valdosta GA at the high school there. Maybe you have heard of it there? A nationally recognized program.

I am going to say it again, Rankin is a very respected coach: county -wide, region-wide, state-wide, and nation-wide. He recently was one of the main speakers at a conference at Wake Forrest University. I know that he has spoken at many more college football conferences. So I believe that qualifies him as well-respected within the college coaching ranks.

I am not going to debate Rankin vs. Quarles with you. Suffice it to say, Rankin is not afraid of ANY school, ANY programl, or ANY coach. I am sure he would be DELIGHTED to take on Maryville. While you think that he got where he was this year with athletes, we in region 4 can tell you it was from excellent COACHING. He made these kids BELIEVE no one could stop them. When one of his 2 way starters went down against Lincoln County with a serious injury, he was able to rally his boys the reat of the season. That is pure good COACHING!!!!

JPATS5, some of your posts have been real good but I have to question your argument here. Rankin( and I don't care for the man too much) is a great coach. Maybe you need to come to middle Tenneessee and get to experience some real quality 5-A football. I am not saying Jefferson Co is bad but top to bottom middle is the higher class. Playoff victories prove it. And hey boys ya'll forgot about Kenny Brown wanting Rankin at Memphis.

Move up and settle the debate, we can't move down!!

facts: fact, middle tn thinks it so much better than the rest of the state academically and athletically. fact, it is not. fact, sullivan co schools in east tn are rated as the best schools in tn--the teachers are the highest paid, and the kids have the highest standardrized test scores in the state. fact, most supposedly great players that come from riverdale are VERY overrated. fact, antron peebles was the biggest joke to play football at UT. fact, eric locke coudn't control the urge to take something that wasn't his. fact, alvin duke was another loss cause--he done nothing at a lowly school like vanderbilt. fact, the only great player that riverdale has ever produced is calvin bryant.

Edited by JPATS5

no, its touche, but the e is supposed to have an accent mark, but i cant put it on there ...not touchy....touche is pronounced Too Shay, please, dont try to correct me....u make urself look like an idiot

yes you can, é. see it can be done. you are just behind times. to do this press alt 130. son, don't ever try to correct me again--i know my stuff.

Edited by JPATS5

I believe even your average person knows that whenever you use the word "English," that it should be capatalized. It is used as a proper noun. Maybe you should actually listen while in your classes, Jpats55.

You didn't answer my question. HOW many schools are there in Maryville??

i use all lowercase letters, unless i'm wanting to call attention to a particular word. as for the number of schools in maryville, there are 4. hertiage and william blount are 5a and alcoa is 2a.

Alcoa is in Alcoa. It is Fernando Bryant not Calvin. I do not think that academics were mentioned in this conversation. Playoff victories son playoff victories. And what does someones personal habits have to do with being a good or great coach? Nothing.

Guest region4fan

Let's compare overall state championships.in all sports I believe that Oakland has a total of 6.I believe that Jeff Cty has a total of one! Now let's compare football. Oakland has a total of 2. Jeff Cty has ONE! Now let's check on the dates of said championships. Gee, Jeff Cty had one in 87. Oakland had one in the 80's as well, but also one in the late 90's.so that means that Oakland wins. Jeff Cty has done nothing since the 80's.Now let's look at Riverdale. They have a total of 3 state championships. Gosh, all 3 are in football. So who wins between Riverdale and Jeff Cty? Maybe even YOU can figure that one out.Until you can back up your facts better, maybe you need to visit the East Tn boards instead of ours.

And by the way, you really should not butcher the English language like you do. If you profess to be an English minor, most college professors FROWN on using grossly incorrect terms called "double negatives."

One more thing, you consider Vanderbilt a lowly school in your earlier post. Yet, awhile back you were bragging that one of your players has verbally committed to that LOWLY school called Vanderbilt! So which is it? Is Vanderbilt that "sorry" to you? If so, then your little college prospect from Jeff Cty must surely be "sorry" too.

Edited by region4fan

JPat said:

"i use all lowercase letters, unless i'm wanting to call attention to a particular word. as for the number of schools in maryville, there are 4. hertiage and william blount are 5a and alcoa is 2a."

Let us examine what you said in your latest post. Your first sentence in itself is a catastrophe, stemming primarily from your lack of agreement. The correct form of your sentence should be "I use all lowercase letters, unless I want to call attention to a particular word." Your second two sentences are also flawed. You used incorrect punctuation between the two. And to further break down your argument that you are an English minor, you used an incorrect conjunction to connect the differing classes of Maryville schools. Once again, the correct form of the rest of your post should be, "As for the number of schools in Maryville, there are four; Heritage and William Blount are 5A, while Alcoa is 2A."

Just so you don't try to say I am incorrect, I had a former English professor look over the post, just to be sure I didn't do anything to make a fool of myself. Perhaps you should do the same.

As for Rankin, he is an excellent coach. He is a tactical genius, and knows football very well. If he wanted to, he could easily move on to the college level, or move on to a better known high school program. His weight, eating habits, etc. . .have nothing to do with his mind. In this game you have to have a brain. The size of your stomach does not affect your intellect. And for you to say that he can not teach his players discipline, because he can not control his eating habits, is preposterous. Case in point: Jeff Fisher and Gary Rankin, same height, same weight, and same build. Both are excellent coach's in their respective programs.

Your argument has no merit, JPat. Take it to another board, perhaps one concerning Jefferson County. This is a 4-5A board, and I ask that the moderators lock it if you do not discontinue your posting here.

Stay on topic, or move it someplace else. That is all I ask.

One more thing, just as a disclaimer, I do not like Rankin personally, but when it comes to his coaching, he is second to none.

-JohnC

Edited by JohnnyC