Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand behind Gallatin as well. If all the circumstances posted here are indeed accurate as I trust them to be, Gallatin's record should undoubtedly be restored. There are no two ways about it.

Best of luck to the Green Wave as they deal with a cold bureaucracy whose outdated policies and stubborn leadership are detrimental to our state. I'm with you guys on this one.

Edited by WesVols

What a Crock. The TSSAA needs to go back to it's original ruling. There should not have even been a second letter. Once the decision was made and the first letter written, the issue should not have been re-visited. Shame on the TSSAA for backing off and reversing a ruling already made. What's next? Are we going to start replaying games 8 weeks later, because an official made a bad call. That would be about as ludicrous as this move. Wake up Ronnie Carter. Don't you smell that smell, it's NOT coffee, that's for sure.

Man, this is not something I expected to come home to.

First of all, as a Gallatin alum and former player, let thank all those who have commented on behalf of Gallatin and said so many respectful things. It means a lot to me.

Second, the one comments someone made earlier about MBA and the Division II was totally inappropriate, and I'm sure that they were said in the heat of the moment (this is obviously got some people to a boil).

Thirdly, we will all have to accept and respect whatever final ruling takes place. The bottom line is that we have rules in an effort to ensure fairness and good sportsmanship. They may not always make sense, but the intent is good.

Lastly, Gallatin will remain strong. Hunters Lane comes into a game in which the players were already going to be motivated by Senior Night. Now they (GHS) find themselves in a 'must-win' situation. Not exactly ideal for the Warriors.

I will still attend what games I can the remainder of the year and root for them as always. The players have worked very hard and have earned their 7-1 mark. The fact that there may now be an asterisk next to their record has nothing to do with how they have practiced and performed in 2003.

Good luck to the kids, and I hope things work out.

One other thought:

I seem to remember something about Jacquez Williams living with his grandparents or aunt/uncles. If that were true do the need to forfeit their 11 wins from 2002?

Should every school that has received a transfer in the last X years go back and make sure they did everything right? Maybe someone slipped through the cracks. Shouldn't they be held accountable as well?

I'm kidding of course.

Its football.

first off...this is some grade A bull. as everyone knows gallatin, not once, but twice recieved verivication from tssaa for him to play. gallatin would never do anything remotely low class, the coaching staff wont have it and coach lassiter makes it a point that nothing like this would ever happen. obviously the kid made it in time to be allowed to play at gallatin or tssaa would not have appoved him in the first place, and being that he has to be approved in the spring he more than put in the time needed to play for the team...especially if hes starting. gallatin has a straight up hard nose team and even being 2nd string is a good thing.

i think this rule about divorce/separation is pointless. if you have a valid address,one you live at, in time for the zone youre playing in then it really shouldnt matter wether you have a family member still in the area you played in. if that was the case half the kids wouldnt get to play. how bout tssaa tries this...LET THE KIDS PLAY BALL!!!. granted to most its a game. to alot more its a way of life. and as far as gallatin getting down about this...not happening. if tssaa or mcgavock thinks this will shut them down. theyre sadly mistaken...they started a new fire, and even if this is all cleared up it doesnt matter. gallatin is a force to be reckoned with, and it wont stop at the end of this year either.

good luck g-town

I think Gallatin should not have to forfeit the wins due to an honest mistake or misinterpretation but-----

The TSSAA rules and laws are made by the schools reps themselves it is a self governing organization if the schools wanted this rule changed it could have been done already.

I wll guarantee you someone mislead Gallatin and the TSSAA and my guess is it is the parents. The TSSAA gave their approval based on fraudulent information they were given from Gallatin which I am sure they received fraudulently also.Think about it for a second if you made a decision based on certain information that was fraudulent information would you feel like you could not change your mind.

In summary I hate what happened to Gallatin they are a great team and I respect them but to blame Ronnie Carter for enforcing rules the membership put in place misplaces the blame.

I hope Gallatin wins out and makes this a positive for their program

Also as far as kids moving in with relatives etc without proper documentation the can of worms this opens up would be unbelieveable. With todays win now, play me now society it would create havoc

NO MATTER THE TSSAA SAYS I ALWAYS KNOW SMYRNA LOST TO GALLATIN AND THAT CAN'T BE CHANGED.

If all the circumstances posted here are indeed accurate as I trust them to be,

I am a fan of Gallatin, but the statement above is a bit naive.

Will everyone who believes all the posts on coacht are "indeed accurate" please raise your hand?

Hmmm, I don't see many hands up.

Edited by inot2bad

Gwave1 - Not to worry...if as reported, the lights will come on at TSSAA and they will overturn or overrule any hasty decision they have made. If not every high school football loving lawyer in the land will line up to help TSSAA with their antiquated transfer rules.

One more thought about transfer rule... I'm sure it was intended to keep coaches from "dealing" players, but there are so many times that athletes and or their parents just don't like or can't get along with their coaches, that it is a shame there isn't a one time transfer allowed per athlete regardless. I sincerely believe that the rule impares our freedom of choice far more than it keeps coaches from dealing players!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

I think Gallatin should not have to forfeit the wins due to an honest mistake or misinterpretation but-----

The TSSAA rules and laws are made by the schools reps themselves it is a self governing organization if the schools wanted this rule changed it could have been done already.

I wll guarantee you someone mislead Gallatin and the TSSAA and my guess is it is the parents. The TSSAA gave their approval based on fraudulent information they were given from Gallatin which I am sure they received fraudulently also.Think about it for a second if you made a decision based on certain information that was fraudulent information would you feel like you could not change your mind.

In summary I hate what happened to Gallatin they are a great team and I respect them but to blame Ronnie Carter for enforcing rules the membership put in place misplaces the blame.

I hope Gallatin wins out and makes this a positive for their program

Also as far as kids moving in with relatives etc without proper documentation the can of worms this opens up would be unbelieveable. With todays win now, play me now society it would create havoc

NO MATTER THE TSSAA SAYS I ALWAYS KNOW SMYRNA LOST TO GALLATIN AND THAT CAN'T BE CHANGED.

As far as I know the above information IS correct.

82cat, Did you check the forms that are sent out for eligibility? You might need to look at them before you make your assumption. That form says you have to live with aparent or guardian. It says nothing about having to have a divorce or on going litigation resulting in a divorce. Do you suggest that the coaches pry into every kids parents private lives? No, this falls in the lap of the TSSAA. Only they have the authority to make the decision. They did. Be it the wrong one.( I am not suggesting breaking of any rules, we all want a fair playing field) If this information was presented wrongly by the parent, then I guess the burden of blame falls on Gallatin. But if it was never an issue, then the burden was left up to the TSSAA. Remember, Gallatin took extra precautionary steps to ensure that he was legal. This is just a technicality dug up by a McGavock coach who has a vendetta against Gallatin. Armstrong can't beat us on the field so he has to beat us this way.

If I find out differently anything I have posted, I assure you and anyone else reading these posts, I will state so. Don't look for me to ride off into the sunset because of an innaccuracy on my part. I WILL EXCEPT MY MISTAKE!!!!!! Will the TSSAA?

Ok folks, just purely asking this:

Did the parents present the TRUE picture to the Gallatin staff? If Gallatin had to ask twice, does that not say anything to the question of his eligibility? Coaches can present only the information that they are given by a 15-18yr old kid and his parents. How many times have we all heard of a kid lying and the parents lying for him?

Having some knowledge of past eligibilty problems, a school can only report to the TSSAA what they are told by a kid and his parent(s). And the TSSAA can only rule on the information they are given by the school. There have been several cases over the years of the TSSAA ruling a kid eligible only to later rule ineligible because of new evidence supposedly "forgotten to report" previously.

I have no doubt that Gallatin sent in what they were told. I'm quite sure Coach Lassiter would not risk a season for one player, hence the second call about his eligibility. Also, the gossip is that Kyle has one or two younger siblings still in the McGavock High cluster of schools. This is what maybe raised the eyebrows of McGavock?

Again, just purely asking a point to ponder :P