Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

You guys are absolutely correct. The TSSAA should have a backbone and admit its error in this case.....if indeed it is an error....which I don't think there is any reason acoording to the by-laws to indicate that the kid should be declared ineligible. This is an absolute travesty if this stands. I am not a fan of the Green Wave, but I'll be darn if this same thing couldn't happen to any school in the state. What are coaches to do now if a player transfers to their program..TSSAA says he is eligible ...twice...are you to ASSUME they will stand behind their declaration???? Have some credibility TSSAA....Ronnie Carter do the RIGHT thing for a change! :lol::blink::D

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA should grow some cajones and admit they are wrong. They said he was eligible 2 times. Gallatin even sits him out until they were absolutely sure. TSSAA rendered a decision twice and it was the same decision, so they should not reverse it and set a precedent that says they can declare a player eligible and then 8 weeks into the season reverse it.

82CAT,

You state that the schools have written certain rules that the TSSAA only applies, you speak as if the schools run the TSSAA. If that were so, the votes taken each year by the grand divisions on certain issues would be binding. We all know that the final say is with the legislative boards and the executive director on all issues of substance, many times the schools have voted one way on a certain matter and the TSSAA implemented a different plan. To lay any decision by the TSSAA at the feet of the member schools is feeble.If we are making all these decisions why do we give them 50% of all the playoff gates, why is the Spring Fling on each end of the state, why are appeals treated like the plague?

How sad is it that Mcgavock not being able to accept a loss turns out this way. Is the kid at question the only reason they have won any games? I think not. The kid is having a hard enough time as it is with his parents getting divorced and then TSSAA does this to the poor guy. The way i see things if he lives in a house that is in the area zoned to go to Gallatin and he recieved official permission to play then there is nothing that should be done. They way i see things TSSAA is equally at fault by granting him permission to play there for they should be punished at well. canceling the wins in which he took part in is definetly the wrong punishment in this case. If TSSAA has half a brain then i would think they would see things the same way. Goodluck Gallatin and i hope that you find a way to overcome this abuse of the system. :blink:

I agree everybody Gallatin did the right thing, they even went above and beyond the call they sent the information in twice just to make sure the player was eldgible. The TSSAA approved him twice!!! All the information given to the TSSAA was 100% correct (since we have all seen a copy ofthe specific form turned in& researched to make sure it is correct). The TSSAA must have went back and read the info concerning the eldgibilty of the Gallatin player after an apparent tip from Mc Gavock, and decide that they were completely wrong on the ruling of the player. Not only were they wrong once but twice.

Next year the TSSAA is going to incrase school fees so they may research every player to make sure they are legal. So next year the gate price might be a little higher to pay for these checks.

I'm not saying that Gallatin sent in the wrong info but the wrong info was turned in. If the correct info was sent in there would be no problem. Who knows it could have been a miscommunication.

And everyone saying the rule needs to be changed, it might be, but Gallatin still apparently broke the rule as written so they CHEATED i know thats a harsh word to use because it probaly was not intetional.

But if the information most members on here give i think that Gallatin should not have to forfiet anygame and receive an apology from the TSSAA for being wrong because apparently everybody did everything right except the TSSAA.

Also last thing if the problem is in the transfer form Gallatin should not have to forfiet, because that is the TSSAA fault.

hey to all yall that support our g-town soldiers we need it but as i said earlier we will win state if glencliff is beat by beech and ill bet money on it and to u people that say gallitin should stand at 1-7 r morons we have the 2 letters in the coaches office stating that he is eligable so i ask u should it be overturnd or stand

we will not take this sitting down the appeal is set for thurs. and if we dont get it.

it will be appealed to a higher power we will be 9-1 at seasons end. if u think diff. write back and tell me y and and if u think we will then just say g g g-unit

Edited by G-Unit Soldier

Guest region4fan

Gwave,hope all comes out okay your way. Just keep fighting the fight. I hope the kids can stay focused and not be distracted from all the hoopla.

Well its like someone else mentioned on this subject, it could happen to anybody. If this information is so critical why is it not on the form? And the timing looks a little suspect as well :D Nothing has been done in hiding. Everyone from both sides knew about this. Thanks for the support!

Edited by GWAVE1