Smallest Gym in Tennessee

Timber

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinch's gym is way smaller than Forge Ridge's. The gym at Clinch isn't even regulation length and at most you can fit 100 people in there... including both teams. Kind of like the old gym at Tusculum used to be.... :angry: The gym at Clinch is at least 60 years old, my mom played there when she was in school there in the 1940's and she said the only real change since she was there is the scoreboard.

I will say this... the new gym at Cumberland Gap is nice. So is the gym at Claiborne as well, even if they are exactly the same. :)

Clinch's gym floor is regulation size. It holds about 300 people. Was built in the fifties. A new roof and locker rooms added this year, with a new floor to be added this summer.

Thats good to know. Last year when we played Clinch, they had to stop the game for a short time because the roof was leaking. Those locker rooms were also nasty. Could barly stay in there at all it smelled so bad...... Do you go to Clinch or are a parent there? Its good they are getting new things, because it was pretty nasty over there. The floor looked like it hadn't been waxed in decades.

The smallest I have ever been in is South Pittsburg.

That was the rest room! Just kidding. South Pittsburg has the oldest active gymn in the old SVC except for maybe Grundy Co's. Everyone in the valley built new High schools around 1980, Sequatchie Co, Bledsoe Co., Whitwell, Jasper. Sale Creek and Lookout Valley already had a relatively new gymn at the time. :rolleyes: