Jefferson County vs Oak Ridge

WillieTheWildcat

Oak Ridge cannot contain Jeff. Co. They are too powerful. They are physical both inside and out on offense and Parker Clement will toast you deep to # 3. Jennings will beat you inside and out and Scooter will capture the corner on you. They are also good with the option and short screens and swings to Scooter. Oak Ridge needs to keep the ball out of Scooter's hands in the open field.

On D, Jeff. Co. has fast guys on the corners and inside. McMahon is going to have trouble getting around the corners on rollouts, as is Booker on sweeps. If they chose to run inside with Gulmire and Booker, they might have better luck with the small nose and the 4-4 alignment, but the inside backers for Jeff. Co. are fast and physical. Look for the corners to be involved if the go cover 1, like Jeff. Co. likes to run. I don't think McMahon is a very good drop-back passer and I think that is the way Oak Ridge would have to beat Jeff Co. Play-action to Booker, 3 and 5 steps and deep balls outside to take advantage of one-on-one coverage.

If Oak Ridge is smart, they will make Parker Clement beat them through the air, and try not to give up the big running play.

If Jeff. Co. is smart, they will shut down the inside and make Oak Ridge try to run outside to beat them.

Special teams could be a big factor in this game too. Scooter and Carson( #2) are both dangerous in the open field at any time.

I'm gonna take Jeff. Co. 28-24 in this one.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge and Jeff Co. man what a game. I remember a couple of years ago some of my buddies went to watch a preseason scrimage at JC because OR played then the first game of the season. They were X players who went to scout for the coaching staff because OR had a scrimage that evening and the Wildcat staff couldn't attend. Coach K and the JC principal came up to my boys took their scouting materials and told them to leave or they would be arrested. How red neck is that? I rest assure JC fans you are welcome to come to any preseason scrimage at OR and scout, it's SMART. But it shows that though Coach K is a winner and a fine football coach, he was is and always will be a classless redneck!!! Sorry Pats proofs in the pudding. OR 28 JC 17.NEXXXXXT!!!!!!!

91State,

Scott Meadows is the new head coach at Jefferson County and the guy brings with him a State Championship ring with him from his season at Alcoa a few years ago. He is well respected as a coach, teacher and person and this Patriot team is one to be respected as well. Coach K is still the AD there but as for this team, this is all Scott's. Jeff County has Oak Ridge's attention. Please don't throw gas on the fire, OR doesn't need that. This should be a great game between two fine schools. Remember 1996?

Edited by DCCATVOICE

Not throwing fire, just don't like JC, for what they did to my friends, for what they did to Mennefee's Knee, and there overall lack of class, sorry, don't care if JC doesn't like us. "LET THEM HATE SO LONG AS THEY RESPECT." That was 91 teams attitude. You have got to have that swagger!!!!!

Yes you are throwing fire and yes you just tossed some at the devil.

You obviously dont respect us or you wouldnt make ignorant comments like that. I am amazed at your vast wealth of knowledge about Jefferson County and the folks that live there. I guess it is going to be really tough to take, when we come out of the trailor park, come to your backyard and "steal" this game from mighty Oak Ridge.

I dont care what happened when Coach K was our coach and I sure dont care what happened in 91. Welcome to 2003 the year of the Redneck.

Yes you are throwing fire and yes you just tossed some at the devil.

You obviously dont respect us or you wouldnt make ignorant comments like that. I am amazed at your vast wealth of knowledge about Jefferson County and the folks that live there. I guess it is going to be really tough to take, when we come out of the trailor park, come to your backyard and "steal" this game from mighty Oak Ridge.

I dont care what happened when Coach K was our coach and I sure dont care what happened in 91. Welcome to 2003 the year of the Redneck.

:):)B):lol:B)

this game will come down to who makes big plays in the passing game. both teams are vulnerable to the pass which is i am sure why db beat both teams. i have seen both teams play this season. on offense the edge goes to jc they have several big play threats. on defense it has to go to oak ridge. not outstanding but is a little better than jc. neither team will make it to state though. not enough defense and for oak ridge not enough diversity on offense. jc fans you will notice that they run the same plays all night long. the coaching edge has to go to jeff co. meadows is a great coach that just does not have the overall talent to take it all the way this year.

This game will definitely be a clash of two titans. The Jefferson County freight train is still picking up speed every week. Their offense is to say the least awesome.... for the most part.. JC can score at will. With the 3 great backs that are used, a talented QB, and several capable wideouts, JC will score more points than the cats can handle. The Jefferson County defense has stepped it up BIG TIME in recent weeks...they have become very stingy for all teams. Jefferson County will win this close game.

JC - 27

OR - 21

This will be the biggest game in the east this friday. A real battle between improving power houses of old. I expect a close one with Jeff Co comming out on top this time. I think Jeff Co will trow well vs, OR and turn-overs will be the diff. Would like to go but my MHS Reb's are still in it. Good luck to both teams.

As longs as O.R has a better field than we had Friday Night the Jeff Co offense will score and score and score. The Problem so will O.R this is going to be a shootout.As far as I have heard Jeff Co is more complete than O.R

As I have heard O.R has a good D-line which could be a good thing or a bad thing for Jeff Co.